Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes it have a SD card slot (2 Answers)
- QuestionIs there a way that I can turn off the light on the backlit keyboard, or is it lighted all the time? (3 Answers)Answers
Yes, you can turn it off, and there are two brightness levels. F10 button. By default, the [F] Keys operate to control the alternate functions, such as volume, Display brightness, etc. I went into settings though and turned this off so that the [F] keys function as [F] keys. In this case [Fn] +F10 controls the keyboard backlight.
- QuestionIs this a signature edition? No bloat ware. (1 Answer)Answers
- Questionis this laptop pen compatible (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this unit support usb-c charging. Charging laptop from usb-c port. (3 Answers)Answers
I found no information on the internet indicating this laptop could be charged from the usb-c port other than here at Best Buy.com. I have already purchased this laptop from Best Buy, model:I7579-7171GRY. I called Dell support and gave them my Service Tag. I asked if this device was capable of being charged via usb-c. They reported it can only be charged with the DC charge port. Although this conflicts with the first two answers here on Best Buy, I will not be wasting money on a usb-c docking station if Dell tells me directly it is not capable of this feature. I hope this helps.
- QuestionI am looking for a reliable/fast enough laptop to mainly edit videos (unsure of what program I will be using on the new device, so suggestions appreciated!) and that isn't entirely too heavy as I travel often. Besides that, everyday use. Is this good? (1 Answer)Answers
It MAY be possible to edit videos on this, but I wouldn't suggest relying on this as your ONLY edit system. There are so many variables that affect this equation: -Resolution of source media, how it was encoded, size of media files -What editing app you're using (check the MINIMUM HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS for your edit software-of-choice) -Editing apps lean heavily on the CPU, but can also hand off some workload to a graphics card (GPU)-- but this 2-in-1 laptop has a very basic integrated video card (not made for high-end video/graphics work) I use Adobe Premiere, which loves lots of RAM and relies heavily on the strength of the CPU. The maximum RAM for this HP Envy is 16gb, which is probably a bare minimum for Premiere. And the CPU is designed for the low-power, low-heat requirements of a portable computer, so all this probably doesn't add up to a fast, responsive edit system.
- QuestionSince the speakers are on the bottom, do they get too muffled when you hold it in your lap? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionNew computer for Christmas, battery is charged but only lasts 1.5 hours any ideas why? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes it overheat easily if streaming audio or video??? (2 Answers)Answers
Not that I have noticed. I plug into a hub so I have the laptop monitor as well as two externals going. My daughter will sit and work with me - she will watch youtube on the laptop screen while I work on the other two. No noticeable uptick in heat or hearing the fan run or anything. Really only heard it run a few times in the couple weeks I have had it.
- QuestionWould it be possible to upgrade the graphics card on this model? (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions