Questions & Answers
- Answer Hello Pat, this is Kelly with Dyson. The Cyclone V10 Animal Pro does include both cleaner heads; the torque drive and soft roller, just as the Cyclone V10 Absolute does. It will also have the same suction power and run time as well. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hello there, this is Kelly with Dyson. I'd be happy to go over the differences between the Dyson Cyclone V10 and our V11 models. The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Pro features a 40% larger bin than our previous cord-free models and up to 40 minutes of fade-free run time while using the included soft roller head, in Suction mode 1. While using other tools, run time will last up to 60 minutes. Also included in the box with this model is the new torque drive cleaner head, which will remove more dust and dirt from carpets. You will have three suction modes on the Cyclone V10 model, providing enough to power to tackle even the most stubborn messes. Cyclone V10 also has blockage and filter alert lights right on the display. The Dyson V11 cord-free vacuums are our most advanced machines to date. They feature twice the suction of any cord-free vacuum. You also have the benefit of whole-machine filtration, to prevent dust, allergens and bacteria from leading back into the air you breathe. The high torque cleaner head features a Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) system, which automatically changes the motor speed for different floor types. This helps drive bristles deep into carpet to remove ground-in dirt, and capture fine dust from hard floors and crevices. V11 also has our most powerful battery ever. The larger, high-capacity, nickle-colbalt aluminium cathodes in the lithium-ion battery help deliver 20% more power than the Dyson Cyclone V10 vacuum. Innate system monitoring and altitude sensors measure battery capacity four times a second to optimize power to the Dyson digital motor V11 and the cleaner head. The V11 Torque Drive model has an advanced LCD screen display which monitors system performance 8,000 times a second, then reports back in real time. You'll receive notifications of blockages, have a real-time countdown mode alerting you to remaining battery life in the mode you're using, and you'll also see filter alerts, letting you know it's time to clean your filter. On the V11 Animal model, the display is an LED and will allow you to switch between your 3 power models: Eco, Auto and Boost. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. The battery on the Cyclone V10 can be replaced, if the need ever arises. They are available for purchase and are a consumer-fit part. The battery on the V10 is not intended to be swapped out regularly, however, as it's held in to place with screws that would become stripped over time, with repeated removal. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionThe Dyson v10 absolute and the v10 animal pro are the same, I get that. Same 2 heads etc. But at best buy does it come with the 3 to 5 free tool accessories kit when you register? Like the Dok station with the attachments/tools as it does from Dyson?
- Answer Hello Karyn, this is Kelly with Dyson. Any bonus tools or items offered on the Dyson website, would only be valid with a machine purchased directly from us. They would not be included if you purchase from another retailer, unless that offer was bring fulfilled from the retailer. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionI just looked at the accerssories that are listed to come with this, I was looking at reviews and saw something that I did not have with mine and that is the mini motorized tool. Is it supposed to have this or am I missing something?
- Answer I found them, they were still in the box which was in my trunk going to the recycling bin at work. I opened the box from the top instead of the sides and I missed the cardboard that held two more accessories.
- Answer Yes, but it only takes the lightest squeeze to run so very easy on your hand.
- Answer Hello rl, This is Miella from Dyson. The machine does indeed come with a charger. Hope this helps! Miella Dyson Customer Support
QuestionI have a housecleaning business. How many hours of vacuuming can you do on a fully charged battery? How long does it take to fully charge the battery? I am needing to be able to vacuum for 40 minutes and have it able to do it again within 2 hours. Thanks
- Answer Hello Lisa, This is Miella from Dyson. The Dyson V10 cordless vacuum features up to 60 minutes of run time on eco mode. The machine's charge time is 3.5 hours from a completely depleted battery to a full battery. Hope this helps! Miella Dyson Customer Support
QuestionWhen I registered at Dyson.com and entered the serial number of my new "Cyclone V10 Animal Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum - Copper" purchased in Dec 2020 at Best Buy - I've got a different model and color - "Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute (Black)". What happened?
- Answer Hi Janna, this is Kelly with Dyson. As long as you have the correct serial number for your machine, it doesn't affect anything with regard to your warranty. If you ever do need support for your Dyson, we'll ask to verify your details anyhow, and at that time you can left us know of the color difference. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer I spent along time on Dyson's website trying to crack the mystery most frustrating!!! Seemed like it was with the extra tools included not in the power specifications of the vacuum itself. But when I picked it up at Best Buy the V10 Animal Pro was in a bigger box. What does that actually mean who knows!!!!
QuestionTrying to decide which animal pro to purchase. The cyclone v10 animal cord free stick iron or copper. I have low carpet in 3 bedrooms. Rest is hardwood floors and tile. Which one is best for this situation Is battery removable to charge at docking st
- Answer Battery is not removable. Main unit in entirety slides into the charger which you will want to mount on a wall about 42 inches above the floor. This unit came with two separate floor brushes. One is for carpet and which also works well on high quality floors. The other brush head works well on delicate floor surfaces such as wood or tile.
QuestionDoes this vacuum go through deep shag carpet well? Previous vacuums I have purchased it’s a struggle to try to push the vacuum forward and backwards due to the thick and deepness of the carpet. A typical vacuum cleaner does not want to easily go.
- Answer I have my carpet power head set on the highest setting, I have a deep carpet and I have to use both hands to push and pull back and forth, one hand on the trigger on the hand held part and the other hand on the stick.
QuestionDo you have to switch heads to go from area rugs to hardwood floors with the V10 Animal PRO cordless Dyson vac?
- Answer Hi Izzy, this is Kelly with Dyson. You do not need to swap out floor tools when transitioning from your hardwood to area rugs, when using the Dyson Cyclone V10. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionWhat is the difference between the Dyson Cylclone V10 animal pro and the Dyson V10 animal? They are advertised at 2 different stores.
- Answer I believe it’s because it comes with an additional head
QuestionIs Best Buy still an authorized Dyson retailer, meaning my Cyclone V10 Animal Pro will include a free 2-year guarantee?
- Answer Just register the product with Dyson and that will take care of the guarantee!
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. A few of our machines use dual voltage transformers making them compatible across a range of voltages. This is why the chargers on the cordless state they will work on 110-240 voltage. However, it's still advisable not to use outside the country of purchase. One of the reasons for advising against the use of machine outside of the country that they are sold in is that the machines are tested and certified to meet that countries regulations and requirements. For example a US machine is tested and certified to UL, ETL and FCC regulations to ensure that it is fit for retail. In the UK this would be BEAB, BS, IEC and CE, Canada CSA and so on. Each country has its own rules and regulations. We do not guarantee that a machine used outside of the country it is sold in meets all of the requirements of the second country. Plus, per the owner's manual it explains not to use internationally to avoid impact Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionIs there a warranty included in this purchase or do you need to pay additional for a warranty? Is there warranty through dyson or just Best Buy?
- Answer They come with a 2 year warranty.