Questions & Answers
QuestionWe lost the Vivo fit- is there any way to track? Would a blue tooth tracker app pick up on it?
- Answer There are not apps that are made by Garmin that will track the vivofit jr.
- Answer No, the activity tracker is not GPS enabled.
- Answer I personally wear a Fitbit Blaze (which I love) but this Garmin is really designed for kids. There is no Fitbit designed for children under 13. These Garmins have fun features that are the same as Fitbit including: stopwatch / timer, clock, step counter, and easy to read display. The kids do not need the app to see their stats, unlike Fitbit. The app is for the parents mostly, to control the settings. The parents can monitor activity AND add in alarms, chores to earn "tokens", and reminders to do things like brushing teeth, etc. A major plus of this Garmin is what no Fitbit currently offers- is that it is waterproof. Fitbit Blaze is water resistant - this Vivo Jr can be worn while swimming!
QuestionCan the vivofit jr and the vivofit 3 use the same app? It's like to get a watch for both me and my daughter and be able to "compete." Wondering if I should get the adult version or just a second kid one and maybe a replacement band.
- Answer The vivofit jr. and vivofit 3 use different apps. The vivofit jr. pairs with the vivofit jr. app and the vivofit 3 will pair with the Garmin Connect Mobile app. While the devices do not directly pair with one app, you are still able to compete with your daughter and track steps. The vivofit jr. app has a Leaderboard that would show the number of steps taken by each device.
QuestionI added two chores to the vívofit jr. with alarms. I later decided to delete them. I deleted them from the app but the phone still beeps to remind for each chore even though I have synced with the app many times.How can I remove the chores from the phone?
- Answer I had the same problem with one of my kids watches but not the other???? I managed to resolve it by going onto the app then into the “settings” of the particular kids watch that was still beeping. Selected “alarms” and there it was right there! Even though I’d deleted all alarms from the chores page! Anyway, from there I just deleted the alarm.
- Answer The vivofit jr. does have a backlight that can be activated by pressing the button. This backlight will come on to temporarily illuminate the screen.
- Answer The recommended age range for the vivofit jr. is 4-9 years old. This is based on the band size since it is designed to fit most kids in this age range. For someone turning 13 you may want to consider a similar device like the vivofit 3.
QuestionDoes this include a stopwatch that my 10 year old could use for cross country meets and practice?
- Answer Yes, it comes with a stop watch. Visit the following link to get more information. http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivofitjr/EN-US/GUID-4B200370-E1C1-4919-B8D5-C1E77743D1B9.html ~JH
QuestionHow do I delete kids from the app"?? I accidentally added the same child 4 times when I wasn't sure how to pair their device with my iPad.
- Answer If you would like to remove a kid profile you can do the following: -Select the profile -Select Settings -Select the profile avatar -Select Delete Profile.
QuestionCan you turn off all sounds that come from the band? I turned the sounds off in the app settings but my daughter's band still beeps when she syncs or earns a coin or when she meets the 60 min goal. I don't want it to be a school distraction/issue
- Answer The vivofit jr. settings should allow you to turn of the tones. You should be able to turn off the tones in the app and then sync the device. The expectation is that the device will no longer emit a tone until that setting is turned back on. If this is not the case with your device please reach out to Garmin Product support for further assistance.
- Answer My daughter is 10 - turning 11 this week and she has had this for the last 6 months. She is really happy with it, very easy to understand with no uneccesary gimmicks.... I guess it really depends on your daughter's likes and preferences, but I will definitely recommend it.
QuestionMy son got this for Christmas he is 7 and it left marks on his wrist as though it's to tight. Can I buy the vívofit 3 band only to switch the main piece of the kids vívofit into?
- Answer Yes, Garmin states the Vivofit 3 bands are the replacement, I had to do the same.
QuestionCan you just buy the watch part without the band for the vivofit jr as I already have a band?
- Answer The vivofit jr. module is not sold individually. When purchasing a vivofit jr. it will come installed in a band.
QuestionMy daughter is doing her 60 active minutes a day and is getting the fun facts but it doesn’t show the animal. Also how do you get the animal badges?
- Answer Each day that your daughter gets her 60 active minutes she will get a fun fact and after all of the animal facts are collected the animal is revealed as you move along the Adventure Trail.
QuestionI feel this might be too young for my 10 and 11 year olds. Would the vivofit 3 be a better alternative?
- Answer Yes, this tracker is recommended for children ages 4-9.
Questionup to what distance can you track your child? Does have limit whet it comes to the distance? Like as in an example, can he wear it to school and back so we know he is only travelling that direction and back?
- Answer The vivofit jr. does not offer any features that would allow you track your child's location. This is designed to allow your child to track their activity by counting the number of steps that they take during the day and settings options to offer rewards for doing chores. This is a great device that will allow you monitor your child's activity level, but would not offer the ability to track their location.