- QuestionI have a GE JEM31SF01 but it is mounted tightly between cabinets above and directly on the sides of it. It can go down. is there a replacement? (1 Answer)Answers
Hello adny - this is Nancy at GE Appliances and I am happy to help you. The replacement microwave to the JEM31SF01 is the PEM31SFSS. However, if you are going to build it into a cabinet, then the JX827SFSS 27" trim kit or the JX830SFSS 30" trim kit are required. The cutout dimensions for these trim kits are: 15" +/- 1/8" high x 24-7/8" +/- 1/8" wide. I hope this helps! Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionI have the JEM31 which I bought in 2002. Sometimes it stops working and I have to unplug and replug it on to get it working again. I'm ready to replace it. Its dimensions are 12" H x 24" W x 12" D.... Correct? What replacement options are there? Tx! (2 Answers)Answers
Hi - This is Sue at GE Appliances. It's nice to hear from you! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and glad to offer assistance. JEM31SA (2002) is approximately 23 25/32"W x 11 3/16"H x 12 9/32"D. The comparable model is our GE PROFILE™ SERIES 1.1 CU. FT. COUNTERTOP MICROWAVE OVEN PEM31SFSS- Approximate Product Dimensions 24"W x 12 1/8"H x 12 7/8"D. This countertop microwave oven is built-in capable with a sleek matching trim kit (sold separately)- OPTIONAL 30" BUILT-IN TRIM KIT JX830SFSS or OPTIONAL 27" BUILT-IN TRIM KIT JX827SFSS. Or, free up counter space with Optional Undercabinet Hanging Kit JXA019K (sold separately). We suggest to view the Quick Specs for more details: http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=240381_pem31sf_c2.pdf - Keep in touch. We are always eager to help!
- QuestionNeed to replace a GE JEM25DMWW with a stainless steel model. The opening in my cabinet is 11.5 H; 24.5 W; 12" D. Any suggestions? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionCan this microwave be installed in a 12 inch deep upper cabinet? (1 Answer)
Is this microwave shallow enough, in depth, to be installed in a regular upper cabinet with a 12 depth and still close the doors? If it can not be, how far does it protrude from the back of cabinets once installed? (13 inches, 14 inches...)Answers
Hi- This is Sue at GE Appliances. It's exciting to hear of your interest! Yes, installation requires a 12" deep cabinet. Allow 2" air clearance on each side of the microwave. Do not install against a wall or cabinet. No air clearance is required in the rear. If the model has removable rubber feet, they may be removed. If installed in a cabinet with the hanging kit, allow 2" on each side and at the bottom. Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionReplacing old JEM31SF01 (trim kit JX827SS). Will PEM31SFSS fit with this trim kit? (2 Answers)Answers
Hi- Thanks for being a loyal GE Appliances customer! PEM31SFSS is compatible with GE® Optional 27" Built-In Trim Kit JX827SFSS. A trim kit consists of the trim frame, as well as an upper, lower, and rear duct that attaches to and encases the microwave inside the cabinet cut-out. It is important to only use the trim kit designed for that model (trim kits are not interchangeable). We suggest to view the Quick Specs at the following link for details: http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=240381_pem31sf_c2.pdf - Thanks for checking with us! SUEatGEA
- QuestionI have an undercabinet mounted JEM31 that needs replacement. "Quick Specs" .pdf indicates it should've been mounted with the 4-A019 mounting kit. Will this mounting kit work with the PEM31SFSS (which I've gathered is its replacement model)? Thanks. (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionMy GE Microwave JEM31SF001 in a trim accessory kit needs to be replaced. Do you have any brand in stainless that will fit 23 7/8in x 11 3/16 in x 12 9/32 in ?? (1 Answer)Answers
Hi Michael- We certainly appreciate your loyalty! The comparable model is our GE Profile™ Series 1.1 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven PEM31SFSS (Approximate Product Dimensions (WxHxD) (in.) 24 in x 12 1/8 in x 12 7/8 in. It is compatible with Optional 30" Built-In Trim Kit JX830SFSS or GE® Optional 27" Built-In Trim Kit JX827SFSS JX827SFSS. The cabinet cutout is approximately 24 7/8" wide x 15" high x 16"-18" deep (depending on location of receptacle). We encourage you to view the Quick Specs at the following link: http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=240381_pem31sf_c2.pdf - Also, you can view the Installation Instruction for the Trim Kit for complete details (See page 2): https://www.myapstore.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-40698-1.pdf - Thanks for checking with us! SUE@GEA
- QuestionI noticed the color is noted as stainless steel/gray. Is this shade of stainless steel the same as the rest of the matching appliances and other GE microwaves? I want to make sure it matches my current set. (1 Answer)Answers
Hello Rose - this is Nancy at GE Appliances and we are happy to help you. GE stainless appliances are designed to complement each other across product lines so that you can easily mix and match appliances and get one unified look. GE stainless steel products are tested for durability, appearance and quality. Stainless steel in general can have a slightly varied look depending on the lighting and location of the appliance. This microwave will have a stainless steel door and the other parts will be dark gray. If your range is stainless and black, you may want to look at a model such as JVM3160RFSS. We hope this helps! Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionI need to replace a Spacemaker II Sensor microwave. It's mounted under our cabinets (no trim kit) and the dimensions are: W: 23.5" H: 10.5" D: 14" Could you please let me know what will fit? (1 Answer)Answers
Hello Anna - The following model can be mounted under the cabinet: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-profile-series-1-1-cu-ft-mid-size-microwave-stainless-steel-gray/2557267.p?skuId=2557267. You can order the under-cabinet mounting kit for this model here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-under-cabinet-mounting-kit-for-select-microwaves/7259101.p?skuId=7259101. -TRE@GEA
- QuestionI have a JEM31SF01 that broke. I have the trim kit that went with it at the time JX827-SS. Is there a micro that fits into this kit so I don't have to replace the micro and kit too? (1 Answer)Answers
Hello Steve - Microwave trim kits are designed to provide a built-in look while also providing air flow necessary to the microwave. A trim kit consists of the trim frame, as well as ducts that encase and attach to the microwave inside the cabinet cut-out. It is important to only use the trim kit designed for that model. You can order the microwave that replaced what you have here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-profile-series-1-1-cu-ft-mid-size-microwave-stainless-steel-gray/2557267.p?skuId=2557267. Trim Kit JX827SS will work with this model. - TREY@GEA
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions