Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $359.99
QuestionThere's a large piece of white Styrofoam in the vent located on the door. Should this be removed before the dishwasher is used? If so, how do I remove it? Can the vent panel that's on the inner door panel be removed in order to get the styrofoam out?
- Answer Hi there, Gentlewaters - Great question! Dishwashers have styrofoam placed in the vent area on the dishwasher door to prevent moisture from the steam and humidity from dripping. This styrofoam is part of the product and not the packing, so do not remove. Thanks for checking! -MikaylaGEA
- Answer USE FREE DELIVERY BUT HAVE A LICENSED PLUMBER INSTALL SINCE ONLY THEY CAN PUT IN NEW SHUT OFFS AND THE PROPER LINES, THE PRICE MIGHT BE A BIT MORE BUT BETTER THAN DELIVERY FOLKS SAYING THEY CANT DO IT OR HAVE THE SHUT OFF BREAK AND THEN YOUR STUCK PAYING FOR AN INSTALL THAT CANT BE DONE AND HAVE TO CALL A PLUMBER ANYWAY
- Answer Hi Jerry - Thanks for your interest in GE Model # GSD2100VWW! This model has a Hot Start option. It actually heats the tub, spray arms, dishes, (prior to the main wash cycle) allowing proper cleaning. Once selected, approximately 1-1/2 gallons of water enters the tub, circulates in the tub for 5 minutes and then drains. This helps to purge cold water that may be in the line. Then another 1-1/2 gallons of water enters the tub and circulates for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and then drains. The heating element is on during this period of HotStart), heating up the water and the tub. We also offer GE® Built-In Dishwasher GSD3300KWW. This model has a High Temp Wash option. When selected, this option energizes the heater to boost water temperature in prewash and main wash fill cycles. Keep in touch at GEAppliances.com for all your appliance needs! Sue
QuestionDoes this model have two spray arms? Is there a spray arm underneath the bottom rack and under the top rack? Thank you GE
- Answer Hi ARGO- The dishwasher has a 2-level wash system. The wash arm under the lower rack has a telescopic spray tower to provide an additional level of cleaning. The tubular-shaped spray tower is attached to the center of the wash arm in the bottom, and it rotates with the arm. Water pressure causes the power tower to telescope upward above the dishes in the lower rack, thus providing a spray wash from the middle of the tub to clean and rinse items in the upper rack. GE® Built-In Dishwasher GSD3300KBB has 3-level wash system. It features a lower wash arm with telescopic spray tower and an upper dome (ceiling) that sprays water downward onto items that are in the upper rack. We hope you'll choose GE! SUE@GEA
- Answer Hi Juliev - The dishwasher has a black gloss finish (not matte). Also, check out our GE® Stainless Steel Interior Dishwasher with Hidden Controls GDT655SFLDS in Black Slate. Its unique matte finish hides fingerprints and virtually eliminates smudges, keeping your appliances looking clean. Learn more at: http://www.geappliances.com/ge/black-slate-appliances.htm- Keep in touch and thanks for choosing GE! SUEatGEA
- Answer Hello - We are happy to help. This dishwasher is not designed to go under a sink. For an undersink model, view GSM2200VWW: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-spacemaker-24-built-in-dishwasher-white/7062338.p?skuId=7062338 We appreciate you checking with us. Lisa from GE Appliances.
QuestionI purchased a high end GE dishwasher a couple of years ago for a house I sold. It had a filter in the bottom that could be removed and cleaned. Does this model have that feature?
- Answer Hi Lenore - GE® Built-In Dishwasher GSD2100VWW does not have a removable filter. We suggest to use a dishwasher cleaner periodically such as finish® Dishwasher Cleaner (WX10X10209). Hygienically cleans hidden grease and lime scale from filters, spray-arms and pipes. Purchase locally or online at GEApplianceparts.com: https://www.geapplianceparts.com/store/parts/spec/WX10X10209 - See DISHWASHER - CLEANING THE INTERIOR: https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=21552 - Keep in touch! Sue
- Answer Hello - this is Nancy at GE and I am happy to help you. For dishwashers that have a timer, such as this, the "Normal" wash cycle is approximately 110 minutes with no other options selected. I hope this helps! Thank you for contacting GE!
- Answer Hello- We appreciate your question and are happy to help! We don't have an accessory stainless panel that will work for this model. If you are looking at something that is an aftermarket universal accessory we don't recommend using it, but it is certainly up to you if you want to try it. If you have any questions in the future, please let us know. We are here to help! Joyce@GEA
- Answer Hello there Datalady, Thanks so much for reaching out. Good question! This model is fully mechanical in terms of it's controls. Stay in touch. Mike@GEA
- Answer Hello Rosesred333, Thank you for reaching out. We're happy to answer your question. This dishwasher does have a filter, but there is no need to manually clean it as it is a self-cleaning filter. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us via social media or through our Contact Us page. We hope this helps. Best wishes. Mike@GEA
QuestionIs this dishwasher energystar
- Answer Hello Samola, thank you for your question! This dishwasher is not Energy Star Certified. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions. You can reach out to us further at the “Contact Us” link on our website. – CV
- Answer Hi there Jani, We appreciate you reaching out. Great questions! No pre-rinsing of normal food soil is required. Scrape off hard soils, including bones, toothpicks, skins, and seeds. Remove leafy vegetables, meat trimmings, and excessive amounts of grease or oil. This dishwasher has a built in filter with a food disposer. We do not recommend using this appliance without it's filter. We hope this helps. Best wishes -Mike@GEA
- Answer Hi Angie- Yes, we offer a manufacturer's warranty with all products. WARRANTY: Parts/Labor- Limited 1-year entire appliance. See written warranty for full details: https://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-55114.pdf - At GE Appliances, our goal is to ensure your satisfaction, while offering the highest levels of professional service. You can schedule an appointment online at GEAppliances.com/service or call 1-800-GECares (1-800-432-2737) - Keep in touch at GEAppliances.com - We are always eager to help! Sue
QuestionWhat is inside of the Nautilis
- Answer Hi buck- GE® Built-In Dishwasher GSD2100VBB has a Permatuf™ Plastic Tub and Door Liner. The feature that best conveys durability and reliability in GE dishwashers is the Permatuf® tub and door liner. The Permatuf® tub and door liner were developed exclusively for the harsh world inside a dishwasher. Tough, durable polypropylene-base material, similar to that used in battery cases and football helmets, was specially formulated to create the Permatuf® tub. Permatuf® will not chip, peel or crack in normal use. And it can not rust. Keep in touch! SUE@GEA
- Answer Hello there, If you are having trouble with your dishwasher and need to schedule repairs, you can call 800-432-2737. If you have general questions or concerns, you can reach out on our social media pages. Have a good one! Mike@GEA