Questions & Answers
- Answer The monitor does not come with a wall mount, but it does include a VESA bracket to attach to a VESA compatible wall mount.
QuestionI am running Windows 7 64 bit on HP PC Pavilion. How do I set the resolution to accommodate this screen? I only see 1920 x 1080 as high choice limit. I am using the hdmi cable to USB and have VGA to USB also.
- Answer If you are using a USB adapter it may be limiting the available resolutions. As another user mentioned, the PC and Video card are what control these settings. You may need a GPU for QHD capability. It takes a lot more power to run at such a high resolution.
QuestionI have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) and I am trying to connect but in screen preferences > display 2560x1440 is not an option. I have tried choosing "scaled" and option clicking to get more options but it still doesn't show as an option.
- Answer Hdmi port supports max 1080p. The only way to get 2K resolution is using Display Port. Get a display port, mini display port cable and use it to connect monitor to computer.
QuestionIs there supposed to be software included with these monitors? It says so under the "What's included" column on Best Buy. I just bought 2 monitors and neither came with software.
- Answer It probably refers to the built-in display imaging software, for adjusting your color, contrast and more. Typically our monitors don't come with external software.
QuestionCan someone tell me how the dimensions of the actual base? I keep my monitor on a base, and want to be sure it fits.
- Answer The base is 13.5 x 6.5
QuestionWould you also be able to sit back ~10 feet and use this as a TV? I realize that I would need to stream through my computer and add speakers. Any other tips ideas around dual purposing this?
- Answer Sure, this would be a good choice for that purpose.
QuestionI purchased the HP 32" Pavilion Monitor to use with my Mac Pro (High Sierra). The definition is not-great, it will only scale to 1080p, I also use a HP 27vx monitor, that resolution is amazing - scales to 1920 x 1080. Can I get better res with the new HP
- Answer One of reasons I purchased this monitor was the higher resolution. You have to go into display setting and set it to the highest resolutions. I am very satisfied with my results.
QuestionI just connected my newly purchased Pavilion 32q to my MacBook pro. I seem to be having problem controlling the brightness with my macbook touch bar or keyboard. Is there something I can do to allow my macbook to control my monitor's brightness.
- Answer In the Back of the display there’s the power button and 3 buttons above it, you use them to tweak the colors and whether you want Cool or Warm or Natural, just mess with it like you do with your Macbook and you’ll find a setting you like.
QuestionIs this monitor compatible with Hp Pavilion 500-314 desktop? The hdmi and port cords that came with it dont work. What cord would work?
- Answer You'd need to confirm compatibility but the monitor came with Display Port and HDMI. If your computer doesn't have those it may have challenges supporting the full resolution based on the video card. you could convert the HDMI and/or Display Port to DVI or VGA in that order based on what you have on your computer. The VGA would be least likely to support full resolution.
QuestionCan I connect this monitor to a HP Desktop model p7-1254. Current monitor is not using an HTML port.
- Answer Thank you for reaching out to us. You can connect it. You will want to adapt the DVI port to HDMI or DisplayPort.
- Answer Crispy clear? what are your concerns? it looks pretty awesome.