Questions & Answers
- Answer I had difficulty figuring out the answer to this question, as well! **NOTE TO BEST BUY: PLEASE MAKE THIS CLEARER?**. Unfortunately, many of the answers incorrectly say “yes, you can scan” or “yes, you can scan by using the HP App,” but what they mean is that you can use the HP App to take a picture WITH YOUR PHONE of the document you would like to scan and then it will allow you to send it as an email, etc. But honestly, that is silly....you can already do that with your phone! It doesn’t mean this isn’t still a great printer, but stop the madness, people! Customers trying to decide between this printer and another one just need straight forward answers. And when someone asks if you can SCAN with this printer, the answer is not yes! It is NO. Taking a picture of your documents with your own cell phone is NOT SCANNING. You are welcome. I will step down from my soapbox now. :)
- Answer X comes with cover to hide printer. I paid the extra $50. I thought it was worth it. My guests had no idea that it was a printer.
- Answer Yes, you can! Just make sure the label or sticker stock you buy is designed for inkjet printers.
- Answer No they don’t, great printer to get the job done. All it does is print. Nothing less. Nothing more.
- Answer I appreciate you reaching out to us with your question. The HP Tango and Tango X printers are Thermal InkJet printers. They use the HP 64 series of cartridges or HP Instant Ink cartridges.
QuestionCan I scan several sheets of paper and then send them as one email from this device using my iPhone X or iPad Pro via Bluetooth with no telephone line ? I do not want to sign up for the ink subscription, will this restrict any features ?
- Answer Yes, you can scan serveral sheets of paper and then send them in an email from Tango's HP Smart App on your iPhone or iPad... I've personally done about 3 scanned pieces of paper/docs. and they where all combined to appear as one .pdf file in my email. I've done this from my iPhone 8Plus, so I'm sure the iPhone X or iPad Pro will have go problem as long as you are connect to the internet via WiFi on any of these two Apple devices. Just make sure your iOS is up-to-date and you'll be good to go! As for not wanting to signing up for the instant ink subscription... making this choice will not restrict any features you have from the HP Smart app and it's ability to fully access this printer's full potential. Enjoy your future purchase of HP's Tango or Tango X, as I hope that this has been helpful. - TangoXLOVER
QuestionIs it capable of double printing automatically or do I have to manually turn the paper over?
- Answer The paper feeds through the back so it is not capable of automatic double-sided printing. You will need to manually flip the page.
QuestionCan u print on vellom paper?
- Answer Hi, thank you for the question. Recommended media types for the Tango X include Plain Paper, HP Photo Papers, HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other Photo Inkjet Papers, Other Matte Inkjet Papers, Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Inkjet Hagaki, Plain Paper, Thick, Plain Paper, Light/Recycled. The Tango X can support cards up to 110 lb., so vellum should not be a problem. Tip: to ensure proper feed thru, do not overload the media tray when using special papers.
QuestionIs it possible to print via Bluetooth or AirDrop without WiFi? i.e. Can you print from your car if you've got a power source?
- Answer Unfortunately, the Tango X does not have Bluetooth capability, so you will need WiFi to print.
- Answer This is one of the easiest printer installs I've ever had in my 30+ years of using computer and printers. It's even simpler using your mobile device. Just read the instructions to download the app and following the easy picture and written instructions. You can't go wrong. It takes all of 15 minutes!
- Answer You have the option to sign up but it is not required.