Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $499.99
QuestionI have a two-story house. Can I switch from downstairs to upstairs? Does it remember the patterns for each floor?
- Answer I have a two-floor house as well and every couple days I'll take my Roomba upstairs to clean and it has no trouble going back and forth. I would recommend taking the docking station with you when you change floors since when it's battery gets low it will try to return to its docking station.
QuestionDoes the Roomba does a good job in the corners?. My dog hair gets on the corners of the room all the time and wonder if the hair will be vacuumed well.
- Answer This thing works great but it does not get all the way in the corners. It has a side brush yes but this is a round vacuum on a square corner.
QuestionWe have vinyl laminate flooring thorough out our house and we we told not to use the beater brush with the vacuum on the floors so could we use the iRobot on these floors? Please advise.
- Answer I have the same flooring in my kitchen and bathroom and this vacuum cleans those floors flawlessly and without damage. It even gets into the corners.
QuestionI have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Which iroomba would be best to clean my 1200 square foot apartment?
- Answer The Roomba 960 has done a great job on my hardwood floors and ceramic tile. I have 2 dogs and one is long haired German Shepherd that sheds all the time. My Roomba has done a great job keeping the floors clean.
QuestionOur house has wooden transition strips that go from tile to wood to carpet etc.They are pretty thick. I was wondering if this would go over them or not. This is my only draw back about purchasing one.
- Answer They go over it pretty well. I have the same around my house and had no difficulty going over it. I really love it and planing to buy a second one for my second floor. I currently have one in the main floor and it goes from carpet, tile, rugs, mats, and wooded floor. It was well spent money.
QuestionAre there disposable filters to replace frequently! How does this model handle extension cords it might come in contact with?
- Answer I usually take a toothbrush and clean off the filter , then run it under water . Let the filter dry completely before reusing. I used the extra filter that comes with it while the one is drying . Just clean and alternate them out .
- Answer I have purchased it two weeks ago and I have used it twice to clean my entire first floor, which is about 2000 sqft. It ran for 3.5 hours with a recharge in-between. I can say it is reasonably quiet.
- Answer Everything you need is in box,I started Rosie straight out of box after instructions.battery,chargers,extra brushes and 1 area blocker is included in box.so I say you need nothing else to start unless you have more than one area you dont have doors or want you robot to go or clean you will have everything you need straight out the box enjoy your robot ours in named Rosie she dose an excellent job at our home we are very bush folks and we love her.
QuestionI am considering buying a roomba......960 wi-fi connected robot vacuum but I don't have wi-fi.......do I have to have wi-fi in order to use this vacuum?
- Answer No - you do not need Internet. You can operate it with the buttons on the unit.
QuestionWe have very little carpet and mostly laminate flooring. I’m noticing that these tend to say they clean “carpet”, but not hard floors. Do any of you use them on hardwood/laminate and is there a better/worse type to buy? Thanks in advance for answering.
- Answer Most robotic vacuums can move between flooring and carpet with no problem. We’ve always had area rugs and wood floors and have never had an issue with any of them, and I’ve used Neato, Samsung, and Roombas. All do a good job vacuuming it’s just a matter of preference such as reusable filters, mapping ability etc.
QuestionDOES THE I-ROBOT 960 App-Control Vacuum have a indicator light to let you know when you need to empty the collector bin?
- Answer Yes it does, and the app will message you when the bin is full. As a general rule, you will clean the bin out each time you run it.
QuestionI don’t have a Smart phone, but am wondering if it will be able to be programmed from my tablet? I see you can just manually direct it, but my tablet accesses many apps. Will my tablet work the same? Needing to decide before purchase. Thanks.
- Answer The app works the same on both my phone and tablet, as long as you can install the app on your tablet you should be fine! But I'm not sure about manually directing it, can't drive it like some others but you can use the buttons on top. The app gives you a nice map when done cleaning to see how it did, on tablet too.
QuestionHow does Roomnba 960 handle an extension cord against a baseboard or one run under a bed? Does one have to purchase disposable filters or anything on a regular basis? Thanks !
- Answer It will vacuum over a cord as long as it is not a thick cord. You can block roomba from going near an area with the tower the comes with it. Roomba has a filter that is changed per manufacturer directions ( not often and it does come with a spare filter). The collection container, itself, doesn’t have a filter.
QuestionI have 5 indoor cats. Will this pick up the hair dust balls that seem to collect in the corners of room. Also does this pick up kitty litter dust around the litter boxes?
- Answer No autonomous vacuum will be perfect but I can say with my experience that this one is the best so far. I have bought the 2 other diferent brands and I can tell you this one is the best.
QuestionHi, I would like to import this irobot for use outside the US. I wonder if it is compatible for operation with the AC power supply at 220 Volts? Thanks
- Answer It should work just fine as the charger is rated to work at: 100 - 240v 50/60Hz
QuestionWhat happens if the vacuum runs over a wet area on the floor (melted ice cube I missed)? Any damage to the vacuum?
- Answer Roomba 960 has no way to detect a liquid spill and any exposure to liquid can damage the robot. You’ll want to do a brief review of the area to be cleaned if this is a concern.
- Answer It might. It depends on how thick the blanket is. I would put the blanket in a dog bed box so its not on the floor. Keep all loose wires, paper, small things off the floor like you would with a regular vacuum. It is a very good little vacuum. We had ours 2 days now.