Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,999.99
- Answer There is a difference. PUA is WiSA certified and AUA is not. WiSA is a wireless speaker technology which is preferable and more compatible with newer sound systems. You're more likely to find the AUA versions for less money as a result. They are often sold at member warehouse stores.
- Answer I have this tv. or the LG oled65cxpua use M6 bolts 25mm length M6 20mm will work but they wont go in the tv as far as they should for proper mounting. I bought different lengths bolts for testing.
- Answer All OLED TVs are susceptible to burn-in due to the nature of the panel itself, so I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "resolved". There are multiple features in place to mitigate burn-in issues. Most of what you're going to see is temporary image retention before a permanent burn-in, anyways. More info from LG: https://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability and from rtings: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test If you watch varied content and don't leave the news on the entire day, you'll be fine.
- Answer The six 2020 LG OLED models earning the NEXTGEN TV logo from the Consumer Technology Association are: the 55-, 65- and 77-inch class GX Gallery Series 4K Ultra HD models, the 65-inch class WX Wallpaper 4K model and 77- and 88-inch class ZX Real 8K models. The LG CX 65 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # OLED65CXPUA will not be receiving NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0)...^IFV
QuestionIs the Peak Brightness increased this year with the CX (and the other models) ? Been pretty stagnant in this department these past few years.
- Answer Based on measurements from flatpanelshd.com in their review, no, the peak brightness is the same as the c9. I will say, however, coming from a samsung QLED q8fn, the CX is blinding. I was completely shocked how bright it is. As others have mentioned, in HDR I had to turn the oled light down.
QuestionThe c9 hdmi ports 2.1 are 48gbps speed but the cx hdmi 2.1 gbps is is only 40 how will that affect 4k at 120hz will the cx still be 4k at 120
- Answer Yes it will still be 4K at 120. The 40 gbs will not effect anything becase all current TV’s have 10 bit color panels and only need at least 40 gbs to be displayed. If TV were 12 bit panels then there would be problem.
QuestionThe initial description says this has an a9 Gen 3 AI processor, but the features description says a7. Which is it?
- Answer From LG's Website: https://www.lg.com/us/compare?bizType=B2C The BX (lower spec version) has the A7, while the CX has the A9. This appears to be a listing for the CX.
- Answer The dimensions for the LG CX 65 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # OLED65CXPUA can be found under "Dimensions" in its specifications on its product page on Best Buy. They are listed as Product Height With Stand - 33.9 inches, Product Width - 57.1 inches, Product Depth With Stand - 9.9 inches, Product Height Without Stand - 32.7 inches, Product Depth Without Stand - 1.8 inches, and Stand Width - 39.3 inches...^IFV
- Answer Just around of 40in. Though I’d warn that my first tv stand was just the size of the stand and the weight of the tv made it incredibly unstable and almost fell over. Would recommend getting a tv stand the size of the tvs full size for stability which is about 58in.
- Answer Hi Kevin. All of the HDMI ports on the LG CX 65 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # OLED65CXPUA are HDMI 2.1 ports and they are all HDCP 2.2 compliant...^IFV
QuestionLG says you can connect a soundbar via optical AND use the TV's built in speakers. I bought an SN8YG soundbar to go with this TV. What is the benefit of using the TV speakers and this soundbar together over optical? I'd lose atmos then right?
- Answer Hi IcedCorn. When the digital optical connection was developed, it was made to accommodate the digital audio standards at the time (mainly 2-channel CD playback). In addition, it also provided enough bandwidth space for basic Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround but did not include the bandwidth capacity for the more advanced 5.1/7.1 channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, or DTS:X surround sound formats. If you want to pass those more advanced surround sound formats, you will need to go through the HDMI eArC port on the LG CX 65 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # OLED65CXPUA. The advantage of being able to use the TV's internal speakers simultaneously with devices connected to the Optical Digital Audio Ports is that some people who have hearing impairments want to connect a pair of infrared headsets to the TV's Optical Digital Audio Out so they can hear the audio while other members of their household listen to the TV's internal speakers...^IFV
QuestionIf I want to enable surround sound do I need to get a sound bar and a set of rear speakers, or is the sound bar optional give the sound coming from the TV speakers? Will any set of bluetooth speakers work, or is there a recommended matched pair?
- Answer You can enjoy an immersive soundscape with the virtual multi-channel surround sound effect.and with the Virtual Stadium Surround Plus / ULTRA Surround / ULTRA Stadium Surround / OLED Surround using the built-in 2.2 Channel, 40W (20W Woofer) Speaker System on the TV. The TV is a Bluetooth (Version 5.0) enabled TV that can be paired with most, if not all, Bluetooth Speakers and with the Bluetooth Surround Ready feature, you can connect up to two speakers, including LG XBoom Speakers, for a true surround sound experience ...^IFV
QuestionSo it might be the remote? This is Janice's husband, Rick. Can you do this on your OLED65CX... Type into the remote 1003. Does it go to channel 1003, or to 103? Type into the remote 1225. It does go to 1225. Our issue is that the TV is dropping the "0", r
- Answer It shows 4 digits. The 4th being small because it would be an over the air digital channel. I have not tried it yet with my cable box.
QuestionWhen picking up an OLED TV, can it be laid flat, or does it have to be upright during transport?
- Answer The TV should be transported upright. ^Daphane
QuestionCan the built in speakers of this TV work well with a Yamaha YSP 4000 sound bar? If not, please recommend what you've had success with. My Yahmaha is old but still works great and is of good quality sound.
- Answer The integrated speakers for the LG CX 65 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # OLED65CXPUA can be used simultaneously with a Soundbar connected to the TV's Optical Digital Audio Output...^IFV
QuestionHow does this TV do with the new game systems ? I’m between this and lg CX and the Sony A9 master series . I’ve read nothing but amazing things for the LG , but want to be sure .
- Answer I have logged 60+ hours with 2077 Cyberpunk on series x and the Lg Cx. It has performed flawlessly. This set was built for gaming is has features the a9 does not. To quote “ (the lg cx) provides support for several HDMI 2.1 features on all of its ports, with support for variable refresh rates including on PS5 and Xbox Series X (plus GSync and FreeSync compatibility for PC), and the ability to receive 4K video at 120fps. Sony doesn't include those things at all.” https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-best-48-inch-oled-tvs-lg-cx-48-inch-vs-sony-a9-a9s-48-inch/ar-BB19KKz6 Happy gaming!