Questions & Answers
QuestionWhat's the difference in the nano8 to the nano9 and does it justify in spending more for the nano9
- Answer The biggest difference is the SM9000 is a direct-lit LED screen and the SM8600 is an edge-lit LED screen.
- Answer The types of digital audio signals that can be transferred by the digital optical connection on the LG LG Nano 9 Series 4K 65 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # 65SM9000PUA include two-channel stereo PCM, Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital Surround, and DTS ES. Digital audio signals, such as 5.1/7.1 multi-channel PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and Auro 3D Audio cannot be transferred via Digital Optical connections...^IFV
QuestionI like the 65inch Nano 9 Series , BUT am extremely nervous about its stability. This TV would be on top of an entertainment center. I'd like to find a way to fix the "wobble". Can smaller TV legs be added on the back to help? (no wall mounting)
- Answer Clarification - This particular TV does not have "legs". The main TV stand is in the middle and branches out to the sides. However, they do not branch out far enough to support the TV from the wobble. The original question/answer seems to indicate there is no way to put smaller "legs" near the outside in order to help with stability. I suppose I'll have to find a universal stand that reaches outwards , providing the support, and or anti-tipping straps that are able to brace it. That's unfortunate as I would really have liked to get this TV without having to worry about stability. Of all things.
- Answer HDMI IN 2 on the 65SM9000PUA can send Dolby Atmos through HDMI eARC. ^CP
- Answer There’s a visible array that follows the lit figure or figures displayed on screen . It’s noticeable in dark rooms with dark scenes on screen.
QuestionIf I connect this TV via eARC to my vizio soundbar I just bought (has ARC input) and I connect my UHD Atmos Blu ray player into TV hdmi port......will this passthrough Dolby Atmos sound from my bluray through my tv and to mysoundbar and play atmos sound?
- Answer Hello Jimboski10. While Dolby Atmos and Dolby TrueHD are two separate soundtrack formats, Atmos data on Ultra HD Blu-ray is actually an extension to TrueHD that is folded into the bitstream to maintain backwards compatibility. If you play a disc with an Atmos soundtrack, the Atmos extension data is decoded by an Atmos- compatible receiver or Soundbar. If your receiver/Soundbar isn’t Atmos compatible, the extension data is ignored and the soundtrack is decoded as regular Dolby TrueHD. The eARC port on the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 65 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # 65SM9000PUA will pass through Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus when the Digital Sound Out is set to Pass Through in the TV. Dolby Digital Plus is less compressed than Dolby TrueHD and requires less bandwidth. However, as mentioned above, you will only get Dolby TrueHD on your Soundbar since it does not support Dolby Atmos and because the new configuration requires that both the TV and your Soundbar must support HDMI 2.1 and eARC sends full-resolution audio signal via an HDMI cable. ARC doesn’t allow you to bitstream the full-fat high-quality codecs such as Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio or DTS:X soundtracks that you find on Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays. It simply strips out the core 5.1 data stream. If you want this level of functionality, you’ll need HDMI eARC. The main benefit of eARC is a big boost in bandwidth and speed. This allows you to send higher-quality audio from your TV to a soundbar or AV receiver. As is the case with ARC, you’ll need two devices with compatible HDMI eARC sockets for the protocol to work. This means they need to meet the HDMI 2.1 standard...^IFV
- Answer The LG 65SM9000PUA has the LG α7 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor. If you are in need of any assistance, have additional questions, or would just like to see our helpful tips, check us out on Twitter @LGUSSupport Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/ or you can give us a call at 800-243-0000. ^CP
QuestionHaving trouble connecting this LG TV with Bose 500 soundbar. Video/audio out of synch is one problem. Getting no sound at all through the Bose when using HDMI(ARC) or Optical cable connection. Bluetooth works. Tried adj to settings but no go. Advice ?
- Answer Keep in mind that HDMI 2 on the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 65 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # 65SM9000PUA is an HDMI eARC port. It is not an HDMI ARC port & HDMI eARC is not backward compatible with HDMI ARC. The TV is HDMI eARC enabled but your Soundbar is only compatible with HDMI ARC, so it's likely you'll get sound but the bandwidth restrictions of ARC will mean you won't be able to experience the high bitrate audio that eARC can provide. Also remember that when you stream to Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth speakers, the TV's internal speakers and its audio outputs are disabled...^IFV
- Answer Yes it has everything for streaming. No need to attach anything.
QuestionI read the Nano Cell was the newest and better technology than the OLED. I just read from one of your reviewers that they thought that the OLED looked just a little better but cost more. So what's the scoop. I'm looking at the 65" Series 9.
- Answer we just purchased the 65" nano. We love it.. I don't know how the picture could be any better. The price was much less than the OLED. 1200 compared to 3000. We are very pleased with our choice. Best of luck in choosing. .
- Answer The W x H x D dimensions for the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 65 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # 65SM9000PUA with the stand are 57.3" x 35.7" x 12.8" and they are 57.3" x 32.9" x 2.5" without the stand...^IFV
QuestionHow is the picture in sunlight and every TV I have had no matter what I do it's impossible to see dark or night scenes on any TV.
- Answer It actually looks good. Looks good at angles too. But if the TV is in a room with alot of sunlight, use curtains etc. Unless you have an oled. But all things said, I'm happy with my purchase.
QuestionWill the eARC DOLBY ATMOS audio or any other audio output work from HDMI 2 slot with an HDMI 2.1 cable into an older AV Receiver from 2007 that has HDMI ARC and would that HDMI cable be connect to the HDMI INPUT or output on the older AV Receiver.
- Answer If you connect the eARC port on the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 65 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (64.5'' Diag), Model # 65SM9000PUA to an AV amp or soundbar that is only compatible with HDMI ARC, it's likely you'll get a sound but the bandwidth restrictions of ARC will mean you won't be able to experience the high bitrate audio that eARC can provide. The difference between ARC and eARC is its bandwidth. The enhanced version of the Audio Return Channel has a much higher bandwidth than its predecessor. Bandwidth represents the range of frequencies or amount of data that transfers at the same time...^IFV
- Answer Yes, a Dish receiver can be connected to the TV via HDMI. The magic remote can be used as a universal remote to control other connected devices. ^CP
Questionon home dashboard, when I try to click on button to 'Accepted user agreement'. , I get message .Unable to load user agreements, a server error has occurred. You must download and agree to terms of service to use this feature. I can get internet on theTV
- Answer Had the same thing, just repeat the "try again", it worked for me the second try.
QuestionI had the TV for a year or so. I love it but my question is when I use the pointer on remote there seems to be a grey shadow dragging back and forth on the black screen. When I Stream You Tube and You Tube TV it does the same on my 55" and 65" Models
- Answer Not sure what the question is. I do not experiance what you described. Have the geeks look at it if you have their coverage. Otherwise i would have taken it in ahen the ONE YEAR WARRANTY was in effect