Questions & Answers
QuestionMold grows inside door seal?We had a previous generation LG front load washer that had an open seal on the door that caught water and would allow mold to grow. It needed regular cleaning to avoid the problem; otherwise a very good machine. Has this issue been resolved with later generations?
- Answer Hello Carl. There have been many advances and improvements in LG washers and every time that a new model succeeds the previous model, it improves on the older model. Without knowing what previous generation LG Front Load Washer you're referring to it's hard to say what those advancements are. The LG - TurboWash 4.3 Cu. Ft. 12-Cycle High-Efficiency Steam Front-Loading Washer - Graphite Steel, Model WM3570HVA has a TUB CLEAN cycle that you should run once a week for three consecutive weeks should you notice mildew or musty smells which are a result of residue that has built up due to some environmental conditions or usage of the washer. The Washer also has a magnetic plunger that allows you to safely and conveniently secure the door slightly ajar to promote air circulation and help the machine to dry. Improper installation or use of the washing machine in a humid space for a long period of time potentially could lead to a buildup of detergent residue in the washing machine that may produce mildew or musty smells. Cleaning the washer tub on a monthly basis with the TUB CLEAN cycle will minimize the possibility that detergent residue will build up and mildew or musty smells may occur. Keep in mind that you also introduce Laundry bacteria when washing your clothes which may also contribute to mold and mildew build up. This washer also has a SANITARY cycle that is NSF International certified to reduce 99% of bacteria on laundry through high temperature when used with powdered detergents. Another feature that probably was not on earlier washers is the Automatic Alert for cleaning the washer tub. The Automatic indication alert generally comes on every 1-2 months to indicate that the tub needs cleaning but this may vary depending on frequency of use. Things that you can do to help preventing mold and mildew would be to keep the detergent dispenser drawer free of detergent residue by using a soft cloth or brush to clean out the residue. Periodically clean the tub about once a month and leave the door open after you do your laundry to help drying the tub out...IFV
- Answer Yes I have washed several California kings and they washed better than in a professional washing machine at a professional l cleaner!! It used a fraction of the water and fraction of detergent !!
QuestionMaking loud thudding noises at the beginning of the cycleWhen the water is filling (which I believe happens in spurts and not a continuous stream), it makes a loud thudding noise in the walls when the water cuts on and off. Is that normal? I live in a condo.
- Answer After weeks of dealing with LG, the Geek Squad and the store I purchased the washer from. the problem is from the stainless steel hoses Best Buy requires to purchase even though LG supplies them with the washer. LG recommends only using their rubber hoses.
QuestionHow does the sanitary cycle work?Is the sanitary cycle a high-heat cycle (i.e. 160 degrees) or a different type of sanitization? I know that some machines use silver to sanitize.
- Answer Hello BG! Thank you for your inquiry. The Sanitary Cycle for the LG - TurboWash 4.3 Cu. Ft. 12-Cycle High-Efficiency Steam Front-Loading Washer, Model # WM3570HVA is a cycle for Heavily soiled underwear, work clothes, diapers, etc., that uses an extra-hot wash Temperature to reduce Laundry Bacteria. NSF International (formerly the National Sanitation Foundation), certifies that this wash cycle reduces 99.9% of bacteria on laundry through high temperature, when used with powdered detergent. The washer also has an Allergiene™ cycle which is a powerful, high temperature cycle designed specifically to reduce certain allergens. Selecting the Allergiene™ cycle automatically incorporates steam into the wash cycle. The Allergiene™ cycle can significantly reduce allergens in bedding and clothing. The Allergiene™ cycle helps reduce dust mite populations and helps reduce allergens. Due to the higher energy and temperatures used, the Allergiene™ cycle is not recommended for wool, silk, leather, or any other delicate or temperature sensitive Items...IFV
- Answer Hi Mitanda, Your inquiry is most appreciated. The LG 4.3 cu. ft. Ultra Large Capacity TurboWash™ Washer w/ NFC Tag On, Model # WM3570HVA does feature a heating element to boost the hot water temperature for Extra Hot settings which provides improved wash performance at normal water heater settings, but the element is not designed as a replacement for connecting the how water line to the washer...IFV
- Answer Increase water levels by increasing the soil level to heavy
- Answer Yes! Just start a normal cycle. After it fully fills, pause, select any another cycle, select the cycle you want, press delay wash to choose when to resume, press start!
QuestionIs there an option to just drain and spin?My older LG has this feature on the dial settings. And I noticed the larger LG model had it on its dail setting as well, but I did not see that on this particular model (TW 4.3 Cu. Ft. 12 Cycle HE Steam Front Loading Washer). I was just wondering if maybe it is with the digital dail options.
- Answer Yes...push power button select Cotton/Normal cycle, go to selection buttons to right and press silver Spin Speed button...I selected High spin speed, then push power button. Should show 17 minutes to spin...door will lock and spin cycle will start.
QuestionDoes it have wool cycle option?
- Answer The LG - TurboWash 4.3 Cu. Ft. 12-Cycle High-Efficiency Steam Front-Loading Washer, Model # WM3270HVA does not have a specified wool cycle option. The recommended cycle for wools and silks and for washing lingerie or sheer and lacy clothes which can easily be damagedis the "Delicate" cycle!...IFV
- Answer The LG 4.3 cu. ft. Ultra Large Capacity TurboWash™ Washer w/ NFC Tag On, Model # WM3570HWA is a High Efficiency Washer and as such, it is recommended that you only use High Efficiency (HE) detergents that are available in either liquid or powdered form...^IFV
QuestionDoes Best buy take away your old machine? And why with over $1300 in my cart is trying to charge me $70 to deliver?
- Answer Yes Best Buy will take your old machine for a fee. We did get free delivery & hook-up it was a promotion.
- Answer No, the washer does not have a soak cycle or function.
QuestionCan water proof and or water resistant items be washed in this machine?I have both waterproof (Gortex) jackets, water resistant jackets and pants as well as water resistant shower curtain lines and water proof mattress pads. What cycle would be used? Thanks
- Answer my owner's manual says to avoid putting water proof items in machine. apparently, those articles can throw off the balance of the machine and affect cleaning also.
- Answer The LG senses the size of each load as it begins and lets you know in a couple of minutes how long it will take. A normal size load of clothing I ran recently took 37 minutes. A sanitary load took 90 minutes. We only got the washing machine because our Whirlpool dryer is still working fine, so I can't answer the question about drying time.
QuestionDoes this washer have an interrupt feature?In case I forget to throw something in the washer once the cycle has started. Will I be able to open the door and then resume the cycle?
- Answer Hi Christine. Thank you for your inquiry. The answer already provided about being able to add garments after the wash cycle has been initiated is how you would go about it but you should also be aware that if the temperature or the water level inside the machine is too high, the door locks and cannot be opened, and if you're using the Steam Cycle, do not touch the door as it can become extremely hot...^IFV
QuestionDoor opening directionCan the door have the hinge on the right, so the door swings out to the right rather than to the left as most front loaders? I read that all LG front loaders have that option and hope it's true.
- Answer Thank you for your inquiry and interest in the LG - TurboWash 4.3 Cu. Ft. 12-Cycle High-Efficiency Steam Front-Loading Washer - White ? Model # WM3570HWA. Not all LG Front Loaders have the option to reverse the door, only a select few can be reversed and regrettably, the WM3570HWA is not one of those units that has a reversible door...IFV