Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $629.99
The regular price is $899.00
QuestionSo I have a Mac. It is starting to run really slow. I was looking for something new. I just need something to be able to pay my bills with, and check emails. I also need to be able to use a printer with it also. Is this good enough for that?
- Answer Nikki, a Surface Pro is a full computer capable of handling just about anything you can throw at it, even the lower priced model you're looking at. The only thing you are giving up with this model is storage space, but there's so much cloud storage available now it's hardly an issue. I work in IT and have seen numerous Mac users who switched over to the Surface that have been amazed with the versatility of the Surface Pro when compared to the MacBook Pro. You'll love it. There are lots of guides online that will help make the transition easier. Just do a search for switching from Mac to Surface.
QuestionDoes the i5 Surface Pro 6 have a quad core processor? What is the model number of the CPU? And how does the performance compare to the 5th gen i5 Surface Pro?
- Answer Surface Pro 6 comes equipped with 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8250U quad core processor. Compared to the 5th generation of Surface Pro, this is a step up from the 7th generation i5 processor, so we're sure to use the latest technology in our devices.
- Answer Yes it runs Windows 10 Home edition and can run any x86 software (I.e. any Windows software)
QuestionI'm considering upgrading to a Surface Pro 6 from a Pro 3. The screen size is the same so I'm wondering if my current keyboard cover and docking accessories are compatible.
- Answer I just upgraded from the 3 to the 6....my previous keyboard and cover work just fine with the 6.
QuestionI just graduated from college and now I plan to go on into offensive cyber security. We use a special operating system for most of the class assignments. Can I dual boot a Linux operating system onto this machine? Or partition so I can use both?
- Answer While it is possible, Surface Pro 6 has been optimized to specifically run with Windows. We highly recommend using Windows for optimal use.
- Answer Number of cores - 4 Number of threads - 8 Processor Base Frequency - 1.60 GHz Max Turbo Frequency - 3.40 GHz
- Answer The surface pro is a laptop.
- Answer Surface Pro 6 comes with a charger.
- Answer No, you can't play Fornite on this.
QuestionCalling all photographers!! Would the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 be an inexpensive alternative for editing photography pictures?
- Answer It should work, although I would prefer an i7 with 16g of memory and 256g solid state hard drive to edit photos.
QuestionCan a USB hub be used to temporarily run 2 external portable hard drives simultaneously? (Since the surface only has 1 usb port.) I occasionally back up files from one external HDD to a second external HDD. Rather not use internal SSD as intermediary.
- Answer You should be able to successfully use two external portable hard drives simultaneously. However, please note that the speed of how these will run will depend on the type of hard drive you use. We recommend using the Surface Dock for adding port access to your Surface Pro 6. Check it out at Best Buy here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-surface-dock-black/4561910.p?skuId=4561910.
- Answer Microsoft does not provide the office suite with the purchase of this unit, they do whoever provide the office 365 subscription office suit which may come for free for a period of time however afterwards it will be 99 USD a year or above (depending on the package you select). It is worth noting that if you or a family member have a student ID you can get a significant discount on office. It is also common that most major universities in the US will provide students with a free office package for up to 5 computer . An office licensed under one account on a device CAN be used by 1 other personal account. Hope that helped! Sources: I'm a former Microsoft Consultant.