Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $99.99
- Answer Moatly the soli radar sleep sensor, re-tuned bass for better sound, 3 mics instead of 2, and on board command processing instead of querying the server as much, and internal hub-like network enhancement to allow communication with lights etc if your wifi went out. Sounds like Amazon's sidewalk but google calls it something else. Unclear if processor is new. Beveled edge is cosmetically different. Screen res is the same as gen 1.
- Answer No just plug it in follow on screen instructions about 2 min and it done. Very easy
QuestionAre you able to hear radio stations from across the country? If I live in NY, can I listen to a station in Oklahoma? And do I need to buy anything else? Speaker, receiver, etc? Thanks
- Answer I forgot to mention in my previous answer that, no, you don't need any additional equipment. Everything is streamed over the Internet, and played on the built-in speaker. You do have the option of subscribing to TunedIn's premium service, which will have fewer ads and more contents. Before buying this device, try out TunedIn on your phone, tablet or computer. You can either go to TunedIn's website, or download their app. What you hear is exactly what you'd hear on this device.
- Answer No. There is no option to download apps, however, there are a lot of things you can do and enjoy with your Nest Hub. You may check this link to explore what you can do with Google Nest devices: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7130274
QuestionCan it play Netflix?
- Answer Absolutely! If you have a Netflix subscription, simply link your account in the Google Home app and you can play Netflix movies, TV shows and documentaries by using your voice on Nest Hub. Take a look at the following link for more details: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7214982
QuestionHow do you upload pictures to this? and can several family members upload from their locations?
- Answer You can upload your photos using a phone/tablet or computer to Google Photos. Take note that Nest Hub displays photos in albums you create in Google Photos. You can log into Google Photos with the same Google account, create albums, and then choose the album in the Google Home app. You can find the details here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9136992 Also, other family members can upload from their respective locations as long as they have an account. You can also invite them to become home members. Check this link for more info: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9155535
- Answer Yes. Your Google Home devices can announce when someone's at your door. Take a look at this helpful link you can check for more details: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7672451
- Answer Definitely! With Google Home app content filters, you can block explicit music and video content from YouTube and other music or radio services from playing on Google Nest and other Assistant-enabled speakers and displays. Parents can use these controls to limit which content their children can access.
- Answer On Nest Hub, calling feature will default to audio only and there's no video for the recipient of your call since it doesn't have a camera. You can enjoy the two-way video calling feature on Nest Hub Max that has a camera. Take a look at the following link for more details: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9849261
QuestionCan I use this and the nest hub max? My idea is the max for the living room and kitchen, this smaller one for the bedroom
- Answer Yes thru the google home app
QuestionMy husband uses his iphone to listen to books on audible when going to sleep. Will the Nest Hub play books on audible? Thank you!
- Answer nest products currently do not support audible. amazon's displays/speakers do though!
QuestionCan you use this to pull up any recipe from the internet? For example, could I ask it to pull up a specific recipe from a specific website hands free?
- Answer You can find and make your favorite recipes using step-by-step cooking instructions from your Google Assistant on the Nest Hub. Take a look at this link for more info on how to cook with your Google Assistant on your speaker or display: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7309433
QuestionCan two individual devices be installed in bedrooms for individual clocks/sleep monitors without interacting with each other?
- Answer Directly tell google that you only want the action on that specific device. I was tired of doing this so I just made a separate google account for each device, they are still under the same cloud under the wifi