Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,399.99
- Answer Yes. The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR lens is completely compatible with the Nikon D5600 DSLR camera. This camera model is fully compatible with Nikon AF-P, AF-S and newer E-type lenses. Please contact Nikon Support for more information regarding lens compatibility.
- Answer As your D3200 does not have a focus motor, it will require lenses that have a the focus motor built-in. At Nikon, these type of lenses have the AF-S designator in their product name. This denotes Nikon's excellent Silent Wave Focus motor built-in to the lens. Any NIKKOR lens would mount on your camera. The lenses without a focus motor, you would have to focus manually. The bottom line is, the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Zoom Lens will work fine on your D3200.
- Answer CPU lenses (particularly types G and D) are recommended for use with the D90. CPU lenses can be identified by the presence of CPU contacts, type G and D lenses by a letter on the lens barrel. Type G lenses are not equipped with a lens aperture ring. The AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm is a newer E-type lens. E-type lenses have an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers. Therefore, the NIKKOR E-type lenses on the D90 WILL NOT communicate aperture information and they cannot be used. See the enclosed: https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19485 for further information.
QuestionThank you for answering my previous question. I see Nikon staff said that it works great even in low light. How about low light and action shots. Like a dance recital. They are always moving.
- Answer The 200-500 has both a NORMAL and SPORT mode built-in to the VR system within the lens. For lower light action shots, especially when there are moving subjects, SPORT modes is recommended. Especially if you will be panning the camera and following your subject across the stage. The VR that is built-in to this lens enables you to shoot at up to 4.5 stops of shutter speed, hand held. For example - if you are in a lower light shooting situation and shooting at, for example 1/30 of a second, the VR built-in to the lens would be the equivalent of shooting 4.5 stops FASTER! That would be nearly equivalent to shooting at nearly 1/500th of a second.
QuestionIs this comparable with a D3500? I'm looking for something for wildlife photography when I can't get close.
- Answer Yes. Its an f type lens and is designed for the type of lens mount on your camera. It also connects to a widely available converter if you should ever upgrade to a z type.
- Answer Yes..you will get a 1.5 multiplier on the focal length making this a 350mm-750 mm zoom using it on a D3300
QuestionWarranty InfoDoes this lens come with the Nikon USA 5 year factory warranty or is this a grey market lens?
- Answer The AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Zoom Lens at this link - is sold by Best Buy. Best Buy is an authorized reseller of Nikon products. This is new product and would come with the 1 year - plus 4 years free extended warranty for a total of 5 years.
QuestionCurrently own a Nikon D3400. Is this lens (Nikon - AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Zoom Lens) fully compatible with my camera. I take a lot of shots in the Badlands and looking for a zoom lens that gets up and personal with wildlife.
- Answer Yes, the AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens is fully compatible with the D3400. When used on a DX format camera like the D3400 the Maximum Angle of View of this lens is 8°00' and the Minimum Angle of View is 3°10'.
- Answer Yes. The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Zoom lens is compatible with the Nikon D5100 and provides beautifully sharp images, even in low light. This lens has a super fast shutter speed, VR image stabilization and Electromagnetic diaphragm (E) technology to help you to capture every amazing moment in exquisite detail.
QuestionIs this compatible with the d7200? I'll be shooting sailboats and surfers at a distance. Need clear shots. Thank you for your help.
- Answer Yes, the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Zoom Lens is compatible with the Nikon D7200 Digital SLR Camera.
QuestionHow do you mount the 200-500 lenses on a tripod? The camera I have (3300) is mounted via the tripod socket so where do you secure the lens? Do you use a Gimbal bracket?
- Answer To secure the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Zoom lens to a tripod, use the foot of the lens, which has a standard ¼ inch (ISO 1222) tripod socket for use with any standard tripod. This will also provide support for the Nikon D3300 when it's attached to the lens. No brackets are needed, but make sure to use a tripod that can handle the weight of the lens and camera combined.
QuestionNikon D7200 Compatible?
- Answer The Nikon D7200 is 100% compatible with the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm lens. It is an excellent combination as the lens, with full frame sensor in the camera is 500mm. However, since the D7200 has the smaller APS-sized sensor, there is 1.5x crop factor. That means that the effective field of view on the 500mm lens is actually 750mm! It's a great lens to fit a great camera.
QuestionCompatible with the new Nikon D7500 I am thoroughly enjoying? I want to get better shots of surfers and see many others using tan telephoto lens.
- Answer Yes it's a good choice and is compatible with your camera. I have used it in various situations (wildlife and sports) and so far happy with it. Works with both FX and DX, my cameras are D750 and D810 but I also tested it with the D500 another great camera. Enjoy!
- Answer The AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR lens has a fast f/5.6 aperture to allow for stunning far-away images with beautiful out-of-focus backgrounds. In addition, you can set the camera with this lens on a tripod for longer shutter speeds to capture amazing images in low light situations.