Questions & Answers
- Questionhave navigation system (5 Answers)Answers
To explain more fully. The 4200NEX does not have GPS built in but when hooked up to an iPhone using Lightning Audio or an Android Phone using at minimum Lollipop one can use either Android Auto or Apple Carplay and use the mapping from their phone through the radio. it will display on the radio and can be controlled through voice commands. this will use phone data just as if you were using phone mapping anyway... the 5200NEX, 7200NEX, and 8200NEX will have mapping built in from Pioneer.
- QuestionCan this fit on 1999 Huffy 10 speed dirt bike (1 Answer)
- QuestionWhat is the difference between this unit and the 4100 NEX? (4 Answers)Answers
The biggest difference is that you no longer have to go in to the menu and switch from Apple CarPlay to android auto it automatically knows once you switch the phones you still shouldn't have them plugged in at the same time though
- QuestionIs the screen capacitive touch? (4 Answers)
- QuestionWhat is really the difference between the nex and the avh 3800 bs ? Besides a bigger screen (3 Answers)Answers
The difference is really in the nex processor. This processor has update able software and really packs a lot of features such as apple car play and android auto. It also gives you the ability to tap into your cars computer which gives you other functions such as guage's and engine light codes and the ability to reset engine codes. This does require the use of another module called an I data meistro data link.
- QuestionMy concern is that Android Auto is going wireless within the next few months. This unit, and every other unit offered now, needs to be plugged into the receiver as I understand it. Will this unit work wirelessly? (2 Answers)Answers
At the present moment no, as you stated it isn't wireless... That decision will be up to Pioneer if they want to produce an add-on to make it wireless. the primary issue with wireless is battery life so without either plugging the item in anyway, or having wireless charging in the vehicle, it sometimes just makes more sense to plug it in.
- QuestionWill the goggle maps for navigation work while connected via blue tooth or does it have to be direct connected to the phone? (2 Answers)Answers
Assuming you have an Android phone, viewing the map on the device (via Android Auto) requires USB connection. Otherwise just getting voice instructions via BT is possible, though not as good as when connected via USB. This is as of May 31, 2016.
- QuestionDdx9702s vs Avh4200nex (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill this fit in dash 2010 Toyota tocoma (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionDoes it have a microphone for hands free phone calls? Or do you have to yell into your cell phone? (5 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions