Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes this record in 4k or 5.8k? The listings says 5.8k, the spec sheet says 4k. And why is there almost $300 difference in price from Rylo's site to Best Buy?
- Answer I would say "buyer beware" with this new price. This is probably the blow out price to get rid of the rest of the inventory. Rylo has been unresponsive to my recent questions and the store on their website appears to be shut down. The link to purchase the camera from their website redirects here. I suspect Rylo as a company is in trouble. I hope not, because i do like the camera. It takes amazing, smooth footage. They recently updated the firmware to allow 5.8k footage. You can shoot in either 4k or 5.8k. I'm guessing the spec sheet hasn't been updated.
QuestionIs Rylo going out of business? Gina (Rylo) Oct 21, 11:18 AM PDT Thank you for contacting Rylo. We regret to inform you that no further support will be provided to Rylo’s Lens Replacement service, except for those with within the terms of Rylo’s...
- Answer Rylo was bought out by VSCO and is no longer in the hardware business. The software will be available for download until 1/31/2021 and will still work after that but as far as hardware goes they are only going to honor warranty issues. Here is the link to there press response to being bought out by VSCO: https://petapixel.com/2019/12/10/vsco-acquires-rylo-for-its-innovative-mobile-video-editing-tools/
- Answer No. There is no support for Windows PCs. They do have software for the Mac. Otherwise all editing must be done on a compatible mobile device (higher end phones).
- Answer Works with both. In fact, lightning and micro usb cables are included.
QuestionCan this camera be synched to a wireless video screen? I'd add safety while driving and backing.... then as a camera inside home.
- Answer No. The Rylo can only transfer video by cable. It cannot record and transfer at the same time. It"s a great camera for 360 videos, but as a dash cam or back-up cam....it is not. If you want a back-up cam, there are many options available for less money.
I would recommend: