Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes it is. I purchased it this weekend and when in the store, I saw some reviews where folks mentioned the fridge being a finger-print magnet. I imagine they were referring to the regular stainless steel one because I ran my fingers all over the front of the display unit and I couldn't get a single smudge to show.
QuestionJust bought this Samsung unit and so far very happy with performance. Question on the ice maker - Does the ice maker have a sensor that tells it not to make more ice cubes when bucket is full? On my prior fridge there was a lever to stop the ice maker.
- Answer Great question! The ice maker does have a sensor that will pause ice production if the bucket is full. You also have the option to manually turn off the ice maker from the control panel. ^Jecca
QuestionIs the slide and reach pantry removable? For example, if you wanted to put a gallon of milk on the top shelf.
- Answer Yes, it can be removed to make more space.
QuestionCan the doors be fitted to swing open to the left instead of the right on the 21.1 cu. ft. , top freezer refrigerator- stainless model?
- Answer Thanks for asking, Squeek! The doors are able to be reversed on this model refrigerator. You can even find step by step instructions beginning on page 35 of the User Manual. ^Jecca
- Answer It can be purchased without the ice maker just not sure you can get it from Best Buy without the ice maker...
- Answer There is no required top clearance.
- Answer Hi, lihahn, the dimensions are with hinges, handles, and doors (WxHxD) 32 7/8" x 67 3/4" x 31 7/8". ^Rosi
QuestionI've e only had this fridge for a couple of months and it is SO noisy why with the latest technology is this the case. Yesterday I thought a helicopter was flying over our house turns out it is our new refrigerator!! I don't have the ice maker hooked.
- Answer You must have a lemon! We've had ours for a month. Ultra quiet. Ditto for the icemaker. Every now and then I'll hear ice plop into the container. We got the 21.1 cu. ft. model. Very pleased with our purchase so far.
QuestionCan the lower drawers slide out if the door is only open 90 degrees? We have a wall on one side that prevents the door of our current refrigerator from fully opening)
- Answer I have the same wall situation. Door will only open to 90 degree The bottom drawers will slide out and can be removed and replaced for cleaning purposes without any problem. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you even though you didn’t ask about it, but the slide out pantry drawer at the top will only slide out about 4 inches which make the back part of the drawer useless. Also the back of the unit does not have self levelers so I had to pull and push back in the unit multiple times until I got the right height of wood in place to level the back of unit. If you have a perfectly level floor this won’t be a problem, but I know from experience that you will find that your floor won’t be perfectly level.
- Answer Hi Dave! The 10 year warranty sticker is removable. If you need to wipe down the outside of your refrigerator after removing the sticker, use a stainless steel cleaner or polish like Bar Keepers Friend, and a soft clean cloth. Make sure to wipe along the grain of the surface. ^Jecca
QuestionCant get ice maker to make ice. Water is going to refrigerator. Freezer is ice cold. The little indicator that looks like a bucket next to the conversion indicators is lit.....but no ice. What am I doing wrong?
- Answer I had to press the “test” button at the front of the unit to get mine working the first time, maybe that will work for you. One other suggestion — throw away the first full bucket of ice before you use any, that will make sure the water supply line and ice maker is clear of any dirt or debris.
QuestionDoes this refrigerator have handles! I can not see them in the picture. I am looking for a counter depth refrigerator with top freezer without handles that stick out. Thanks
- Answer Great question, KathyW! This model does not have handles that stick out away from the refrigerator. ^Jecca
QuestionUnder "Specifications", the "Dispensed Ice Type" is listed as "Crushed, Cubed". Is it possible to get crushed ice from this? Or at least adjust it to be very small?
- Answer Hi Andrew! While this model does have an internal ice maker, it does not have a dispenser for the ice. The refrigerator models with an external ice dispenser do have the option to select crushed or cubed ice. For this model, however, it will only produce half moon shaped ice. ^Jecca
QuestionHello. In order to switch the opening of the fridge handle from right to left instead of left to right. will I need a specific kit to do it?
- Answer No. Read the manual online and it lists the steps. Pain in the rear process.
- Answer Look in your book. I turned both of mine up as high as they could go to get them started. Right now I have them on 3 dots. I believe that is the factory settings.