Questions & Answers
- QuestionCan I use dryer sheets in Samsung Model DV52J8700EW? (4 Answers)Answers
So, this issue is a little deeper than simply not using them. The short answer is yes, you can absolutely use dryer sheets with this model but clean your lint trap better. The long answer is yes but you need to take extra care. Dryer sheets contain a wax that helps get rid of static. However, the heat from the dryer can melt some of this off and the dryer will vent it. However, some particles will get caught on the lint trap and over time this can build up. Because the wet air cannot escape with this build up, the clothes may take longer to dry at a higher heat. So, to clean your lint trap, take a soft bristle tooth brush and warm water and simply work the wax out. If the trap is clean water will be able to flow through it. If there is a build up, you will see water get trapped on the top. I believe it is also worth mentioning that you should clean your vent. Not all lint is captured by the trap and over time this lint can build up in the vent. This model is equipped with a vent sensor that will indicate a build up. If you see it on, it is time to clean the vent. Lint build up is the number one cause of house fires in the United States.
- QuestionWhat accessories do I need to purchase for this dryer? (10 Answers)
I'm having a hard time figuring out if I need to purchase a power cord, vent kit and the steam hose attachment. I want to take advantage of the free delivery and set up but want to make sure I have the right equipment to have it hooked up. I tried the chat feature and they gave me a laundry list of items that I should purchase. Not sure what's included with the dryer. I am also planning on getting matching washer and have same questions but I can also post that on the washer page. Any help would be appreciated.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
With your purchase of a dryer, our delivery crew requires a new power cord and a new vent kit. The steam kit will be included with the dryer. However, we do sell them in store in a stainless steel if you would prefer the stronger kit. The dryer cord is sold separately because houses may be configured with a three prong or four prong outlet. If purchased on the same order, our delivery team will bring both formats. So no need to check! The vent kit is a flexible tubing that connects the dryer to your existing external vent. A new one is required to prevent a build up of lint. If you are disconnecting your own, this would be a good time to clean that vent as it will extend the life of the dryer. This model is equipped with a vent sensor to let you know when to clean the vent as well. As for the matching washer, new fill hoses are required for set up. We recommend the stainless steel lines but rubber ones are available upon request.
- QuestionDoor Swing (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionSteam Dryer Installation Kit? (10 Answers)
Does this dryer require you buy the Steam Dryer Installation Kit which splits the water hoses? Like this one - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/smart-choice-steam-dryer-installation-kit-stainless-steel/3762114.p?id=1219599694082&skuId=3762114
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
- QuestionKing Size Comforters (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionNice bells and whistles but when I use the preset setting my clothes are not drying. Vent is clean, loads are not oversized. It will say it has x amount of time but then it just stops before the time is up and before they are dry. Any suggestions? (2 Answers)Answers
Did you try turning off the Eco Dry button in the lower right of the keypad? Eco Dry is on by default for many of the cycles, but you can turn it off by pressing the button, then things actually dry and much more quickly, at least for us. Must be something for them to meet their energy saving statements... too bad the unit essentially doesn't work when using this default setting, and I do not know of anyway to disable the Eco Dry permanently.
- QuestionWhy is a washer or dryer put on Clearance? Most look as though they are very much like those that are not on Clearance? And, if they are in the warehouse, are they new and boxed? Plus, can you explain the delivery and setup options? Thank you. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhy is a washer or dryer put on Clearance? (2 Answers)
- Questioncan the exhaust hose come out the left side? thank you (2 Answers)
- QuestionIf I'm unsatified can I return my washer or dryer? (3 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions