Questions & Answers
QuestionWhat are tthe specs on this product. Camera etc. Also does it have an external expandable memory option
- Answer OS Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow CAMERA RESOLUTION (FRONT) 2.0 MP INTERNAL MEMORY (User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.) 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM MAIN DISPLAY RESOLUTION 1920x1200 MAIN DISPLAY SIZE 10.1" Full Specifications Category TYPE Tablet Carrier TYPE Wi-Fi Color COLOR Black OS OS Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow Size WEIGHT 1.16 lb. PRODUCT DIMENSIONS (INCHES) 6.11" x 10.0" x 0.32" Camera CAMERA RESOLUTION (FRONT) 2.0 MP CAMERA RESOLUTION (REAR) 8.0MP AF with flash DIGITAL OPTICAL ZOOM 4X FEATURES F1.9(Rear) / F2.2(Front) VIDEO RECORDING RESOLUTION 1080P | @30fps Battery BATTERY TYPE AND SIZE Li-Ion 7,300mAh MUSIC PLAY TIME Up to 187 hours VIDEO PLAY TIME Up to 13 hours INTERNET USE TIME Up to 13 hours Memory INTERNAL MEMORY (User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.) 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM EXTERNAL MEMORY/MICROSD™ CAPACITY Up to 200 GB (microSD™ card sold separately) Connectivity Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz +5.0GHz, VHT80 USB v2.0 BLUETOOTH v4.2 BLUETOOTH PROFILES A2DP,AVRCP,DI,HID,HOGP,HSP,OPP,PAN LOCATION TECHNOLOGY GPS,Glonass EARJACK 3.5mm Stereo MHL None Wi-Fi Direct Yes Processor PROCESSOR SPEED, TYPE Exynos 7870, Octa-Core (1.6GHz) Display MAIN DISPLAY RESOLUTION 1920x1200 MAIN DISPLAY SIZE 10.1" MAIN DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY WUXGA Audio FEATURES Audio Streaming, Music Player AUDIO PLAYING FORMAT MP3,M4A,3GA,AAC,OGG,OGA,WAV,WMA,AMR,AWB,FLAC,MID,MIDI,XMF,MXMF,IMY,RTTTL,RTX,OTA Video FEATURES Video Streaming,Video Player Sensor Type TYPE Accelerometer
- Answer SD cards have nothing to do with cellular use. If you mean a SIM card, then the answer is no.
- Answer No. A wifi connection is best, but you don't even need that. You can add an SD card and store maps to it using an app called MapFactor GPS. You can download turn by turn voice guidance too on that program. You could also download NAVfree USA. Same type of internet-free GPS. Finally, there's always Google maps. Just save maps of where you want to go (you can save up to six maps offline). The key is to first start navigation while you have internet. Then you can leave and still navigate without internet
- Answer Yes and no. The quick answer would be no, especially if you were simply talking about printing without any extra apps loaded (such as with ipads and airprint). You can however load apps for brands of printers that help with printing but not all printers are compatible. Also, in many cases, the apps don't work perfectly. In my case, I have a Canon laser printer and when I want to print to it I am supposed to be able to go to the share button and print to the app. Unfortunately, that never works. I always end up saving whatever I am trying to print to a pdf and then load the pdf from the file manager with the print app.
QuestionI know it has expandable memory through microSD; but has anyone been able to use it? someone told me the operating system doesn't let you save to it.
- Answer I used a Samsung Evo+ MicroSD card and it works like a charm.
I would recommend:
- Answer Yes it does have MS preloaded although to have full options you must sign in with a Microsoft account
- Answer A Micro SD card is completely optional. The tablet itself comes with 16 gigs of onboard memory, which isn't a whole lot, but works nonetheless. I'd recommend going with a Micro SD card if you want to download a lot of music and/or Google/ Samsung apps that chew through storage. On the other hand, If you're a light user, then you should be just fine.
QuestionCan you install or move apps to the SD card? I heard Samsung disabled Marshmallow adaptive storage.
- Answer I can move all my apps to the SD card. My Amazon Fire tablets have a selection to move all compatiable apps over in one shot. This takes a while, but it's hands off once initiated. This tablet either doesn't have this batch move capatility, or I can't find it. But through the Settings/Apps, and maybe even via the "storage" area, each app can be selected individually and if it's capable to move to the SD, that will show up as an option.
QuestionDoes this come with any Microsoft products like word excel? or any other type of business apps?
- Answer Yes it does Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Note, and OneDrive.
- Answer this is not a cell phone so no it doesn't but it has a place for memory card
QuestionI noticed on the 9.6 tab E version that the battery is not replaceable. Can you replace the battery on the 10.1 tab A model should it fail?
- Answer This tablet like all others is not made for easy user battery replacement. In other words, replacing the battery isn't as easy as some Android phones where you just pop off the back, slide out the old battery and insert a new battery. A new replacement battery for the T580 (this tablet) can be purchased on eBay for as little as $30. To replace the battery you have to pry off the back cover of the tablet and then remove some internal cables to gain access to the battery. If you aren't careful you can break the cover, screen or internal cables. So, if you are handy, careful, patient and can follow detailed instructions you can replace the battery yourself for as little as $30. If you take it to a store that specializes in smartphone & tablet repairs I expect that it would cost at least $100 for the battery and installation.
- Answer Yes but you need to go to your network provider to get the tablet, these are for WiFi only
- Answer No, there is no Hdmi but you can connect to your tv wireless by quick connect option.
QuestionDoes this tablet support "Quick Charge" / "Fast Adaptive Charging"? Or does it just regular slow charge. How long does it take to go from empty to full?
- Answer Yes. ON a regular charger, with the tablet off it took about 8 hours to fully charge. With the tablet on it took over 20 hours. With the higher power Samsung Fast Charger (came with the tablet) it charged - powered off - in about 3 hours. While in use about 6 hours.