Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat is the benefit of this over a 256GB USB 3.0 flash drive at a lower cost? (5 Answers)Answers
I just want to clarify a point, this is not a USB 3.1 Gen 2 working at 10 GB as mentioned by others comments but a USB 3.1 Gen 1 working at 5 GB, the same exact speed as USB 3.0. The main advantage of this drive compared to a similar capacity flash drive, is basically his tremendous speed. This drive contains a Samsung mSata 850 EVO SSD working around 450 MB/s. Only the very best flash drives on the market, which are extremely rares, can attains half of that speed, not to mentioned that most of them are very slow compared to a good SSD.
- QuestionShould I just get a seagate or WD hard drive for the same price and bigger memory (4tb) with 3.0 USB or is this the best cause this looks like pretty terrible deal to me, spend more get less (2 Answers)Answers
External / portable mechanical drives tend to be extremely dissapointing performance wise and are extremely fragile. This thing is fast as lightning and very robust as well. Large mechanical drives have a place in your home base PC where they are less susceptible to damage from drops or power down, etc.
- QuestionWill this drive work with Mac? (5 Answers)
- QuestionI just bought levono yoga14 thinkpad with numerous usb 3.0 ports. Will I get the usb 3.1 speed with this drive and what do they mean by type c connector? (2 Answers)Answers
USB-C is the latest connector offering the fastest speeds. This is the format Apple has adopted in their new MacBooks. It looks kind of like an oversized MicroUSB. The included cable is USB-C on one end (to connect to the drive) and USB3 on the other which will connect to your 3.0 ports. This drive is VERY fast and will take advantage of every bit of the speed your USB 3 ports will handle. Highly recommended.
- Questionwill this drive work with usb 2.0 on a macbook pro 2012 Mt Lion 10.8.5 (3 Answers)
- QuestionIs this compatible with gateway pc and ipod touch (1 Answer)
- QuestionIs this a backup device? (3 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this come with a data cable ? USB ? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs this drive fully speed USB 3.1 gen 2. IE: Can I test my 3.1 USB on a new mother board that has gen 2? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAnyone have issues with Chromebook compatibility? Need an additional app to use? (0 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions