- Answer I believe they show 30 feet but don’t quote me, I know the only I have set up is about 25 to 30 feet away when it detects me. I have mine set up about 7 feet off the ground maybe a little more. They say if you have pets to set them up lower but turn them button side down instead of button side up.
- Answer when our motion sensor goes off it contact us via the phone line. have been very happy with our simplie safe system
QuestionHow long will it record motion
- Answer It will detect motion for as long as your system is armed. I have mine set up to detect motion while I'm at work and when I'm sleeping. You can set it up to trip the alarm when it detects motion or send a push notification to your phone.
- Answer Hi. The pictured item is not a camera but a motion detector There are cameras available but you would need to ensure your WiFi reaches. You would also need to figure out how to secure it so the person doesn't just take the camera. I'd recommend looking for a discrete location where the camera is pointed at the mailbox rather than something inside the mailbox.
- Answer This Motion Sensor is compatible only with the SimpliSafe Home Security System.
- Answer It needs the base station to work properly.
QuestionDoes the "alarm" have a choice of alert modes (ie., vibrate verses alarm/sound mode)? Thank you!
- Answer The alarm system will alert you of an alarm event only by sirens, from the Base Station. If you have Monitoring Service enabled, you'll also get Smart Alerts to phone and email, as well as a call from an operator if you need dispatch.
- Answer This sensor is not able to function as a standalone, and does need to be connected to a SimpliSafe Base Station to. function. With Interactive Monitoring, we do have integration with Google Assistant, so you can arm the system by voice command. But the sensors are not able to individually work to trigger events in your Google Home setup.
- Answer The base station's speaker is medium loud, anyone inside the house will definitely hear the siren. Outside, not so much. You really need the external siren (sold separately) to alert neighbors.
- Answer No, they don't a heat sensor as of yet. The only sensors they have are for smoke, water and Carbon Monoxide.
- Answer No, it's for inside, indoor designed. Battery operated.
Questionhow bright is it? Good for bathroom at night? how long does it stay on? what is price store pickup? mount with tape?
- Answer Tape not really reliable, its not bright at all, if batteries are good it stays on, price for store pickup is 31.79 out the door.
- Answer It only detects motion, and it isn't very good at detecting ground animals, so things like dogs and cats do not set off the alarm.
QuestionWould i be able to use multiple sensors via use with the application? If so how many sensors can I have up to?
- Answer You can use as many as you want. I have multiple and use it with the app...no problem. You just have to assign names to each one.