Questions & Answers
- Answer Literally the only difference is the stand. This one has a stand, the A1E has no stand. The panels are the same. The processors are the same.
QuestionTwo if I may. With stand attached, what is the distance from bottom of tv frame to top of anyone’s stand. Also, how is the sound quality with reference to “clear voice”. I would like to not have use a sound bar & need to use “clear voice” option. Thanks.
- Answer TV is 28 inches high with the base attached. Base is 1/4 inch thick. TV sits flush on base. We are hard of hearing. We do not have sound bar. We have no problem hearing the TV.
QuestionWhat kind of Mount to buy that would be perfect for this kind of TV? I wouldn't want to buy one and find out it doesn't go well. Thanks for the help!
- Answer Hi Rich, You may use a VESA compatible wall mount. You may refer to this link for more information: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00021291 ~Ralph
QuestionFor those trying to watch Cable TV without a 4k signal, what is your experience with this Sony OLED? Dark picture, bad picture, other complaints or satisfactions, returned the tv for something else, etc. Thanks much.
- Answer I watch with a OTA signal and stream Netflix. The picture is outstanding, the best I have seen. The black colors are amazing. I hope this helps.
- Answer 10 1/8" x 15 7/8"
- Answer Don’t need one the speakers on the tv sound great has excellent bass
QuestionI had my TV installed by the contractor doing my house renovation. They hooked my TV up to HDMI #1 and I only get 1080p picture. How can I correct this? It's plugged into the HDMI port on the back on the bottom left side bottom plug. Comcast Cable.
- Answer You will need to make sure the video source is 4K. Using Comcast/Xfinity you will need to upgrade your cable box to a new unit that can deliver a 4K signal. Also make sure you are using a high quality HDMI cable. You should also know that there is very limited 4K content available on cable.
- Answer Hi Attagirl, Sony does not recommend connecting two audio systems such an AV receiver and a Sound bar to the Android™ TV simultaneously. Use one audio system at a time. ~Ralph
- Answer Use a wall mount
- Answer Hi Arek1976, Depending on the power requirements of the country, you may need a transformer to make the XBR55A8F work since US models will require its 120 V AC, 60 Hz. Should you be using the TV to any European countries, keep in mind that the warranty for service will be in the US. Regards, Sam
- Answer Hello there, You may try to follow the steps provided on the link below to isolate and fix this issue with your television: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xbr-55a8f/articles/00159487 Regards, Zac Sony Social Support
QuestionCAN BURN IN BE CORRECTED?
- Answer There is two things to worry about with oleds image retention and true burn in. Image retention comes off with the Sony oled scrub also always leave the pixel shift feature on. The tv will tell you when to run the scrub. Now if you gaming or watching something like cnn or ESPN those tickers can be permanent. Permanent means for life.
QuestionHas anyone had any problems with streaming using a Roku with this TV? Buffering a lot even though your signal strength is extremely strong?
- Answer SeaBee … why are you bothering with ROKU? This TV is a smart TV with apps already loaded and CHROMECAST built in. I have ROKU on an older TV but don’t find a need for it whatsoever on this one. Try using the built in CHROMECAST or adding the apps you wish to use.
- Answer The sticker on the back of this TV when I looked at the store said manufactured in Mexico, not Japan.
- Answer Yes it does. I used it to connect to my SONY platform speaker bar.