Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,499.99
QuestionI am considering buying an OLED tv and have looked at the A9G, A8G and the A8H. The A8H is considerably more expensive that the A8G and not much less that the A9G. What would make it worth the extra $$.
- Answer A8H and A9G has X1 Ultimate while A8G has X1 Extreme processor. Processing Speed of Ultimate is double than the Extreme.
QuestionI just setup my 65 A8H. How do you get it to upscale HD content coming in from cable to 4K? My A8H doesn’t seem to be doing it? Please help. Thanks
- Answer TV processor converts all sources to 3840 x 2160 (4K) as that is the only picture it can show. Original 4K sources ( such as 4K Blu-ray's or 4K clips) would look the best. Hi-Def 1920 x 1080 (1080i) or 720p cable or Blu-ray sources will not look as good, and SDR such as regular DVD's (480p) would look the worst; even though all of these would be displayed as 3840 x 2160 (4K) .
QuestionDoes the A8H support using the screen as a center-channel speaker in a AV receiver setup (like the A9G)?
- Answer Hi ianaa, unfortunately, it doesn't have a center speaker mode. ~Ralph
- Answer Hi Jordan, thank you for your inquiry. We don't have any other information at this time if Google TV will be included in the A8H model. Currently, only 2021 models support Google TV. We recommend visiting our support website at Sony.com for future updates information and announcements. Hope this helps! Regards, Sam
QuestionI have had the 65 inch A8H for 2 weeks. When reading settings suggestions, they mention picture mode of Dolby Vision Bright or Dark. I do not have these selections on my TV. Does anyone know why?
- Answer You must be watching Dolby Vision enabled content (Disney+ / Netflix, etc.) to see these options.
Questionwill there be a 77 inch of this model, forthcoming?? or is the 77A9G still the king for another year?? thx Dan
- Answer Sony did not release any updates for the 77" OLED for 2020.
QuestionWhy would anyone buy 2019 a9g now that 2020 a8h has everything that a9g has ? And why isn’t “Bravia” term used for 2020 models ?
- Answer They do use Bravia it’s called XBR65A8H, The BR stands for Bravia. I just bought this TV because yes it has more features like X Motion Clarity and screen brightens by light in room. I wouldn’t buy last years TV when you can get this years. Technically is always getting better. I just heard too the A9H Master Series that was supposed to come out in the fall was canceled do to the pandemic, I was waiting for that but now that it’s canceled I bought this TV, it has all the new features I wanted and I got $300 off do to Memorial Weekend discounts.
QuestionWhen I compare the Sony XBR 65A8G (2019) with the Sony XBR 65A8H (2020), one of the differences in the SPECS tables are the 8G has analog audio out and headphone jack while the 8H shows only a headphone jack. Are they really the same - look that way?
- Answer Don’t know about G but H has this hole for audio and a symbol across from it that is a headphone
- Answer Yes. There are 2 different types of stands/feet that come with it. One is flat which you would not be able to put the sound bar under it, which I used because I had a shelf to put the sound bar and the other feet lift the tv up.
QuestionI would like to purchase a 65 inch and put in my suv. Can you give me the dimensions of the box it comes in?
- Answer box dimensions are 64x37x7. I was able to put it in my 2001 Pathfinder with folded rear seats. It was flat. There is nothing on the box that says it has to be transported vertically. I remember plasma TVs boxes had that warning. I drove very carefully trying to avoid any bumps. Box is heavy but can be handled by one one person. I did. TV is well packaged.
- Answer It’s available now.
QuestionDoes anyone know if the legs can be reversed? In other words. The right with the left. To save space. Did this with my x900(.
- Answer I just did this today being I’m adding a Sonos Ach. The legs are reversible and give you two options. The one you see pictured will give you the shortest stance that your going to get and the tv sits lower. The legs are connected to the mounts that slide up into the tv by two screws. If you take the screws out and switch the mounts to the opposite legs it not only raises the tv up so you have the height for a soundbar but it also gives the legs a much wider stance that puts them more towards the ends of the tv. Hopefully this is the answer that you are looking for.
QuestionRegarding the table top stand, how does the Derivative Position work? Does it require special set up as comparing to the standard and the sound bar positions?
- Answer Hi Marcel, Thank you for your inquiry! There are only two positions for US/Canada model, flat (standard) and raised (soundbar). Check here for more details: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5014/67be14417fc6b33a2527de348b5ecf12/50147791M.pdf. I hope this helps! -Vincent
- Answer Hi Barbie, Yes. When transporting or handling the TV, please do not lay down the TV. The box usually has a "This Side Up" sign to know which side should be up. I hope this helps! -Vincent