Questions & Answers
QuestionMy mom is very hard of hearing and cannot hear her tv in her bedroom. Can this speaker be connected to her tv but remain above her bed?
- Answer It's actually a pretty loud speaker. I think she would be able to hear it. Nice little speaker for the money.
QuestionIf I had a USB wall charger, could I leave this speaker plugged in all the time? I want to connect it to an iPod to wake up to music and don’t want to risk the battery dying one morning. Thanks.
- Answer Hi, leaving the speaker plugged-in all the time may affect the battery life of the speaker. Please refer to the links below for more information about charging the speaker. Thanks! ^Ron - https://helpguide.sony.net/speaker/srs-xb01/v1/en/contents/TP0001705155.html - https://helpguide.sony.net/speaker/srs-xb01/v1/en/contents/TP0001705171.html
QuestionI need to know if this speaker makes a loud beep or announcement when powered on. I am looking for a speaker that is not disruptive to my office atmosphere. Thank you.
- Answer There is a short beep when powered on but a not disruptive. If you connect it to your phone for a music app, there will be a louder tone when you receive a call...still not disruptive in an office atmosphere.
QuestionIs this a new version or is there only 1 model ? I saw one on Walmart website but the size is a lot smaller.
- Answer I don’t know about previous version. This one is small but the sound is great! No complains, I like a lot
- Answer Hi, Muggs! The Bluetooth device has a transmission operating range of approximately 30 feet (10 meters) within a line of sight but will vary depending on the surrounding conditions. NOTE: Communication range will vary according to whether walls or other obstacles are located between the devices, the material used in the intervening walls, the presence of Radio Frequency (RF) interference and other environmental conditions, and the type of software being used, if applicable. ~Ralph
- Answer Yes. By pressing the play/pause/call button twice quickly during playback, the XB01 will skip to the beginning of the next song. I found it necessary to wait a second or two until the next song began playing before skipping to the next song. If it registers your presses too close together (3 presses), it may think you want to go back to the beginning of the current song.
- Answer Yes, this speaker can be used with a turntable. Two cannot be used at the same time.
QuestionHi! I'm in need of help and I don't necessarily believe in stupid questions but some may look at this as one. I bought this thinking I could plug my Galaxy Note 8 right in to it but found that's not the so. Any adapter or way around it so I can use?
- Answer Yes, you can connect your device via Bluetooth connection.
QuestionI need a speaker/microphone that will connect to my WebEx meetings, I have found that many wireless speakers will not connect to a Webex. Will this device work with WebEx?
- Answer I use Webex frequently and it didn’t work for me
- Answer Yes you can use this on a conference call they will be able to hear you
QuestionWill this speaker transmit a Bluetooth signal to my earbuds? If I connect a TV out jack with a wire to this speaker’s aux in, can I listen to the TV with my Bluetooth ear buds late at night? Thanks
- Answer Unfortunately it won’t. Now, I used AirPods for this test. I connected the speaker to the back of my Sony TV with an aux cord and when I tried to pair both the Sony speaker and my AirPods, they won’t “talk” to each other. I guess I need a “direct” Bluetooth signal transmitter between the the speaker and TV to accomplish what you need. Sorry
QuestionWill my text messages play through the speaker I need to hear the message in the middle of the night to wake me up
- Answer @Operator, yes you can hear the notifications from your phone. You just need to turn up the volume of the notifications. ~Earl
- Answer Hi, SummerBoy! It will depend on the specifications of the iPod. You may connect devices to the speaker either via Bluetooth or audio cable. You may refer to these links for more information: https://helpguide.sony.net/speaker/srs-xb01/v1/en/contents/TP0001705164.html https://helpguide.sony.net/speaker/srs-xb01/v1/en/contents/TP0001705166.html ~Ralph
- Answer Hi gtopam, No. Connecting a USB flash drive to listen to music is not possible with this speaker. Regards, Vincent