Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $249.99
QuestionI was considering the purchase of the X800. The reviews about freezing, shutoffs, etc. troubled me. Has anyone experienced similar issues with the new X700? I'm a senior citizen trying to avoid issues with the purchase of a new BluRay. Thanks
- Answer I just got this Player and No Freezing Whasever I do Recommend you getting this 4K Blu-ray Player
- Answer Hi Peep, yes, those apps can be streamed by this Bluray player. There are also other apps available for streaming aside from all the apps you've mentioned. Regards, -Mark
QuestionWe have a 4k tv but what about audio? I need an updated CD player and something that will stream. I also need a player which will shuffle.
- Answer This 4K Blu-ray player will play CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and 4K Blu-ray discs. It also plays FLAC and SACD formats. Pretty much any audio format is playable. I will say the regular DVDs aren't doing too well on this player. Every few minutes it pauses for a split second during playback. I think the player is looking for more data than the DVD can provide. This only happens on DVDs. For streaming, it does very well. It comes loaded up with most of the apps you would use for streaming. It even streams 4K from Netflix. It does not shuffle. I haven't seen any 4K players that will shuffle.
QuestionWill the sony UBP-X700 player work with a Samsung 4K Q6 TV or should I buy a Samsung 4K player.
- Answer The brands don't matter, the connections do. The Sony will work with any brand TV with the same connections.
QuestionI'm getting a Sony 4k tv 75 inch. Does this 4k player upscale/convert dvds & regular blu ray? Do I need at least 18 gpbs or 22 gpbs to get the best picture quality? I was going to get a monster 4k hdmi since there a little cheaper now
- Answer Yes it will upconvert to 4k. You'll want to choose the auto 2 option in the settings. I would hardwire ethernet for the best results. Otherwise you don't necessarily need 18 to 22. No need to spend that much on Monster cables. Pick up some certified 4k cables from Monoprice. Look for the orange bar code certified 4*4*4 color ones.
- Answer Yes, it plays 4K UHD Blu-ray, regular Blu-ray, and DVD discs. It also can stream 4K video through Netflix, Amazon Prime and other apps built into it. Remember, to get 4K quality streaming, you need a good broadband internet connection. And of course a 4K TV. I bought this player 1 month ago. Picture quality is great.
- Answer Hi lori, Sony UBP-X700 is a true 4K UHD Blu-ray player. Check out the manual if you need more details: https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4698406131.pdf Regards, Vincent
QuestionWatch mainly Netflix for 4K HDR and Dobly Vision, which they recommend at lmeast 25 mbps WiFi speed. Is the Sony UPH-X700 capable of these speeds?
- Answer I'll say this and hope it answers your question.... I have the box and it's connected to my WiFi. I use Spectrum cable provider at 200mbps speed. I can stream 4K HDR Netflix, Prime Video, or Youtube content using this box with no lag, buffering, or stuttering of any kind. Be sure you're using the right highspeed HDMI cable and I don't think you'll have any trouble.
- Answer Hi, skip! Unfortunately, it only supports Region 1 (DVD) and Region A (Blu-ray). ~Ralph
- Answer One
- Answer It does have an audio out, that could or might be possibly for use with a wired head set? However, you would be better off with the Sony 800 series that offer Bluetooth and can be connected to most bluetooth wireless headsets.
- Answer Hi 3for3, Yes, this Blu-ray player has resume point feature. The resume point may be cleared from memory depending on the situation when you open the disc tray, you disconnect the USB device, you play other content, and you turn off the player. Regards, -Jay
- Answer Yes, it is installed.
- Answer Hi Bonz, we recommend purchasing a Region B/2 player. This player only supports Region A/1. Regards, Erin
QuestionSince there are 2 HDMI ports, do I need two cables? Where on my Sony TV can I plug in the second cable? Can I just use one HDMI cable as on my current Blu-Ray player?
- Answer You will only need one HDMI cable. One of the HDMI ports carries both audio and video signals; the second port carries only audio in case you need to connect to audio equipment, such as a soundbar.
QuestionDoes this player support Dolby Vision while playing from a UHD disc that is Dolby Vision formatted? My Xbox supports Dolby Vision, but only when streaming. Is that the case with this 4k Player?
- Answer Yes, just make sure your TV is Dolby Vision capable. If you have a Samsung TV, it will not be supported. Samsung TV's only support HDR10 formats. Hope that helps.
- Answer Quite a Few...Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, Netflix, SPOTIFY, VUDU, CRACKLE, YouTube KIDS, TUBI, PANDORA, $ MUBI. I love this machine...great picture...make sure you use a 4K HDMI 60hz cable...I am impressed with the upscaling on my blu-ray discs.