Questions & Answers
- Questionwires (2 Answers)Answers
Buy RG6 cable and BNC compression fittings at any major hardware store. 500ft of RG6 only costs $35 and is 10x better than the defective cable that Swann provides. (Buy the coax tool kit for making the BNC compression connections....the manager told me I could bring it back for a refund once I was done but I decided to keep it.)
- Questionare images in color? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this detect motion and then send notification via mobile apps? (2 Answers)Answers
You can customize a grid for each camera in which it will detect motion and it will only EMAIL pictures. I set up a dedicated gmail account for receiving images from the DVR and receive them on my phone, tablet, etc. Be selective in which cameras you choose to receive emails from....I probably have over 100,000 emails.
- QuestionDoes it record audio? (2 Answers)Answers
Yes, and it even has two-way communication.....but only with additional accessories. You can connect a mic and/or speaker using RCA cable or do what I did..... I bought the VideoSecu amplified pinhole surveillance microphone and 25ft of RG59 BNC with integrated 2.1mm power jack cable. (Just like the cable that comes with the cameras...but better). The BNC connects to the RCA "audio in" via a BNC-to-RCA adapter and power connects to the proper 12v supply (just like the cameras). I used an RCA-to-3.5mm jack for connecting to a small speaker. Unfortunately, you can only select one video channel that will also record audio within the DVR settings, so if that video channel is not recording you will not have audio. The tiny mic is so sensitive that it can pick up conversations outside my front door while installed in the living room ceiling drywall via a small pinhole. The DVR sends audio playback over HDMI, but for two-way communication you need a little speaker so that whoever is in the house can hear you talking via the phone app. They can then talk with you. I just wish the DVR would cut off the DVR mic while you're talking on the app so that you don't get the nasty feedback.
- QuestionSpecifications on installation (2 Answers)
Cameras are hard wired, Correct? Then what is the maximum distance for coaxial cable? Barn and driveway gate are roughly 600-800 feet away from house. Do you have an PDF installation guide I can read?Answers
Cameras are wireless. Their Tech support is excellent so feel free to contact for your distance concerns. As for install guides. You really don't need one. The app is free and easy to use. Cameras are easy to set up. I was hesitant at first, I never heard of guardzilla. I took the leap of faith and now I'm glad I did. Go for it. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
- QuestionHow can I get professional installation (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow many cables & splitters? (2 Answers)
If there are 8 cameras in the system, why are there only 4 TVI cables included in the box? And how many splitters are included? I need to know how many power adapters I will be plugging into the wall or power strip if I decide to buy this Swann camera system. Thanks.Answers
- QuestionHow long does the recordings last on the 1tb hard drive before rewriting? I'm looking for high definition mode. (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionIs there a factory warranty on this product? How long? (0 Answers)
- QuestionI connected the DVR to a Wifi router using Ethernet cable but always get Login Failed from a remote access. Why? (0 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions