Questions & Answers
- Answer My plug is by garage door and where the router is about 50 feet. It also depends of your Router signal as well. If you decided to purchase this plug, set it up near by your Router first and then move it to where ever you like to use within the strength of your Router signal. I hope this help.
- Answer You definitely can. You can also temporarily turn off schedules actions if you want.
- Answer I bought it to use with our filter pump for our above ground pool too, but it doesn’t work like I wanted it to. Was hoping to be able to switch it on/off on demand, but once it switches off by timer or manually from the Kasa app, the GFCI built into the pump’s plug trips. In order for it to turn back on, the plug needs to be reset by hand - which defeats the whole purpose of the smart plug. I decided to keep mine for Christmas lights or other uses because it’s still a neat device.
QuestionCan I use this on a GFCI plug? I am hoping to use it on my porch for roof de-icers and lights. If it trips the GFCI, it will defeat the purpose.
- Answer You can use this on a GFCI outlet without tripping (unless, of course, a device plugged into this plug has a ground fault!)
QuestionWhat does the device do when the wifi signal goes down? Will it turn my stuff off or leave it running?
- Answer There is a button and the plug that will allow you to manually turn on and off your lights if the internet goes down.
QuestionIn which country it is MADE / MANUFACTURED / assembled or of ORIGIN? It is UL LISTED? It is NEW YORK State and CITY CODE COMPLIANCE?
- Answer It is manufactured in Vietnam It is ETL listed. ETL uses UL standards, but the unit I have does not appear to UL listed. No idea about the NY state or city code compliance.
QuestionWill this work with a mesh WiFi system? I had a similar device which required a dedicated 2.4 channel.
- Answer It requires a 2.4GHz band, so if your network provides one, you should have no problem linking up.
QuestionI want to place this switch inside a waterproof box right next to my patio outlet...how long is the cord?
- Answer The cord is less than a foot long, so if you want to put it in a SockitBox or something similar, you'll likely want an outdoor-rated extension.
QuestionI had a different outdoor plug but was not supported with internet being 5G (the newest box from cable company)???? Will this work with that?
- Answer I can personally only tell u (as a customer) that these are only 2.4.