Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs it worth paying for a Calibration for a THX Certified TV? Sharp LC-70UQ17U (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionTwo calibration settings. (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDo Elite plus members get certain geek squad services for free? (3 Answers)
- QuestionCan a Sony 4K tv be Calibrated? (2 Answers)Answers
I just ran into this same issue. I just had my Sony XBR850B calibrated, and there is no internal menus that a user cannot access. So in my honest opinion it was not worth the money. My personal settings were already close to being perfect to having optimal dynamic range. Yes, the TV can be calibrated but it's nothing that you cannot do on your own, with your own eyes....
- QuestionWhat is the difference between this and the $249.99 calibration? (3 Answers)Answers
The difference is whether you are adding the calibration to be done with a setup and mounting (add-on) or simply having geeksquad come out to the the calibration by itself ($249). The add on is when they are already scheduled to do some type of work with your tv.
- QuestionHow soon after buying a brand new tv should you have it calibrated? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this include calibrating new 4K HDR tvs to Rec 2100? Specifically LG OLED C7. (2 Answers)Answers
No they just did my LG OLED 3 weeks ago and they only calibrated the ISF Bright and ISF dark only, they did not Calibrate the HDR, HGL HDR or Dolby Vision. Wait till it goes on sale sometime at 50% less than the $249 price than it is worth it. However, just know they do not calibrate for HDR, HGL HDR or Dolby Vision.
- QuestionIs the Calibration Service I purchased, truly "good for life"? (3 Answers)
I plan on moving within the next year and want to ensure my new 4K purchase can indeed be calibrated now (after 100-15 hours of use of course) and again once I move and the TV is in a new environment.Answers
Yes and no. Take a picture of the picture/calibration setting before you move just in case somehow the settings has been reset. If you are planning to keep your tv for a long time, then get your tv calibrated every 5-7 years. Every tv/display losses brightness after a while.
- Questioncolors are off. (2 Answers)Answers
A calibration is useful for providing a factory standard image, including adjusting sharpness, tint, contrast, and overall color to match the Industry standard for Theater. Yes, it should help unless the TV has another issue.
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionIf I purchase the TV calibration, how long do I have to use it? (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions