QuestionDoes the Westinghouse 58" tv have Bluetooth for headset? I've never bought Westinghouse, is it good?
- Answer No Bluetooth. Is it good? I can only give a partial answer to this as I've only have this tv for a little over a week...the picture is simply stunning. My last 1080P hi-def tv died on me, but even when fully functioning, when there were dark patches on the tv (think the beginning of Star Wars after the opening scroll and the camera panned down to the planet) there would be dark grey pixalation patches that would be where the black of space should have been. With this tv...when things should be black, they ARE black. Very sharp picture with beautiful color separation. Watching Avatar was like watching it again for the first time...mind blowing. I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase, and like you, I'm hoping it has a long life.
- Answer Everything on this TV is controlled via the ROKU App, and YES, you can download the Roku App to your iPhone or your Droid. I have both phones and have loaded the RoKu App on both and they control the TV completely, including voice remote.
QuestionDoes this TV come with two remotes? One for Roku & one for the TV or do you use the same one?
- Answer This TV only has one remote. Everything for the TV is accessed thru the Roku menu. No other remote is necessary.
QuestionDoes this tv have screw holes in the back so its easily wall mountable ? I dont see them in the picture
- Answer Yes this does have mounting for wall brackets as in the spec list, but they are at the bottom instead of the middle.
QuestionHas anyone successfully connected this TV to an Amazon Echo? I have not been able to get Amazon Alexa to discover this device. My Hisense Roku TV pairs with no problem.
- Answer "How do I integrate Alexa with my Roku device? To use the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa, you need to link your Roku account to your Amazon account using the following steps: 1. Open the Alexa mobile app. 2. Tap or select the Menu icon Alexa app menu icon in the top corner. 3. Tap Skills & Games. 4. Enter Roku in the search bar, and select the skill from the list. 5. Tap the Enable button." If you are still encountering issues please visit our Tech Support page at https://westinghouseelectronics.com/support/ or visit https://support.roku.com/article/360017961074-how-do-i-use-amazon-alexa-with-my-roku-streaming-device-
QuestionI recently purchased this product 3 days ago and upon finishing set up all Chanel’s audio have a piping a crackling noise to them. However when I use and HDMI plugged in device, such as a console, there are no audio isssues, anyway of fixing this??
- Answer turn off the audio level equalizing setting. i turned mine on and got the crackling noise when i changed channels.
QuestionWhat soundbars are compatible besides the ROKU soundbar? The TV volume is low even on 100. Thanks in advance.
- Answer Hello! You are actually able to look into soundbars that LG, Insignia, Vizio, or any other brands may have. This is honestly a personal preference and it would also depend on what exactly you are looking for and the price range you are looking for.
QuestionIs some paid Roku subscription needed? Never use Roku before so not sure what it is or how it works.
- Answer No. Roku is a combination of free and paid. No fee to create an account. I have had an account for years. At that that time, you did not have to provide a payment method to get started. (I don't know if that is still true.) Cancel anytime. I do have a payment method set up, but the only time I have ever been charged for anything is if I decided to rent a movie or subscribe to a paid channel. If you already have services like Netflix, HBO, etc., there is no additional fee to use their app in Roku. Just sign in. If you have a cable service that is not available to you where the TV is located, you can add many of the channels to Roku with no additional fees. You will have to 'activate' the channels you want to add, which means verify that you actually subscribe to that channel through your cable company. Then you can view that channel in Roku. I have this TV on the East coast, and a cable subscription out West that is not available in the East. I activated channels such as History, CNBC, Bloomberg, and other 'premium' channels from my West subscription and watch them on this TV in the East.
QuestionWhat is the tread pitch and length of screws needed to mount this TV? My old screws from my old TV don't work.
- Answer M6. The length will depend on your mount. I used M6 x 1/2 inch
QuestionI own a Roku with a USB port on it for my other TV,Does this TV with the built in USB port allow for me to play media from my USB flash drive like my 4k Roku box does? & does the built-in Roku run natively at 4k and what Roku device does it compare to?
- Answer Hi, here are the answers in the order of your questions. 1. Yes, you can play media using other devices that you plug into the TV. 2. Yes, it runs at 4K since it is a 4K TV 3. The Roku on this TV is equivalent to the Roku Premier For further information on the specifications and details of this TV, please visit our website at www.westinghouseelectronics.com
QuestionI've read that Roku is a subscription-based application just like Netflix. Is it that I have to pay this subscription to them in order to access anything on the tv? I know that I can't disable the Roku feature but would I be able to search the web?
- Answer Hi Xia, Roku TV does not require a subscription to access Roku's features. With your Westinghouse Roku TV you will have access to free content. You’ll get the best free streaming television experience with Featured Free on your home screen. Enjoy a massive selection of free movies and the latest TV shows from channels like ABC, CW, and The Roku Channel, updated weekly. The Roku Channel has a ton of free movies and content. Channels like Netflix as you mentioned do require a subscription to acces their content on their own channel. Hope this information helps! Feel free to learn more at https://www.roku.com/products/roku-tv/multiple-ways-to-watch
QuestionDoes this tv support Dolby Atmos? I have this tv and would like to purchase a Dolby Atmos sound package.
- Answer YES IT DOES , BUT U MIGHT WANT TO GET A SEPARATE SOUND SYSTEM FOR IT..
QuestionPurchased this approx. 2 weeks ago. Have noticed occasionally the picture will be really clear, then get extremely blurry (almost to point of you can't make out the picture) then in a few seconds it goes back clear again. Is this normal with this tv?
- Answer Hello! I am so sorry that you are having issues with your product. Please contact our customer support team at +1 (800) 701-0680 or you may also chat with them at the following link: https://salesiq.zoho.com/signaturesupport.ls?widgetcode=162d0182a552dee641319bf8600ec52a970c33bbb632c0b926008d4ebcd76919bcd54f5b8f1e3b1aad23286a7fb79c0a. Our team is available 24/7!
- Answer yes
QuestionWhere are the mounting holes? One person says the holes are at the bottom, which seems strange. This means the TV will sit way up on my wall-mounting bracket. The manual mentions mounting, but gives no instructions.
- Answer it comes with feet you can attach to set on a stand but has mounting holes on the back for a wall mount. they are located near the bottom and center of the back. It was easy to mount and put on the wall.
QuestionHow much does it weigh without the stand? This site says 29 pounds. Another site says 51 pounds, but I think that is with the box. The Westinghouse site says 32 pounds, though their manual doesn't say anything.
- Answer Hello! The Product Weight w/ Stand (lbs) is 32.18 lbs and the Product Weight w/o Stand (lbs) is 31.52
QuestionCan you confirm the stated width of 48.8 inches for the 58 in Westinghouse TV. I am tight on room and most 58 inch TV measure out at about 52 inches wide. Thanks
- Answer Hello! The Product Size (WxHxD) w/ Stand is 51.1” x 32.1” x 10.6”, the Product Size (WxHxD) w/o Stand is 51.1” x 29.6” x 2.4”, and the Stand Legs Separation Distance is 53.5“