Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $288.99
The previous price was $377.99
- Answer yes, you just have to flip the fan when you get it to point the fan either out of the back or out of the top, depressing on if you have venting going out a back wall, or up to the roof. otherwise, if you don't flip the fan, it will recirculate the air.
- Answer Hello KenPatty, the only difference between the two is the exterior finish. The WMH31017HS is a stainless steel and the WMH31017HZ is a fingerprint-resistant stainless steel.
QuestionAre mounting plates the same on all Whirlpool over counter microwaves the same. Replacing MH1140XMB-4 with WMH31017HZ. Curious if I can use same bracket? Thanks
- Answer I was able to use the the same mounting rack from a very similar Whirlpool I had professionally installed 9 years earlier. Some plastic piece on the door latch actuator broke on the old whirlpool microwave that I used several times a day. Although this could be a cheap fix "if" one properly takes apart and puts back together, I decided to just buy a new microwave. I was lucky and the mounting plate was exactly the same. My wife and I were able to just slip the new microwave in and tighten down the bolts.
Questionthis microwave is set up with a recirculating vent. where does it vent out? front ,rear , or side?
- Answer The vent is on the top rear as with most over the range microwaves. You can vent it traditionally (ie to an outside vent) or recirculate it, which means just that--the air recirculates as opposed to being vented outside. There is an air filter used for this that comes with the unit. I have done it both ways, depending on the house. In my opinion it's always better to vent outside but sometimes there may not be an existing outside vent to attach to so unless you want to make one by cutting a hole through an outside wall, you would simply use the recirculating option. Hope that helps!
QuestionDoes this item come with a mounting kit, or is that sold separately? I did not see it listed in the items specifics.
- Answer Hi Jerri, the Mounting Kit is supplied with your Microwave. Hopefully this information is beneficial to you. Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Whirlpool appliances!
- Answer The plug is on top towards the right side
- Answer Yes, this product is suitable for use above electric or gas cooking products up to and including 36" (91.4 cm) wide.
QuestionJust installed this and have not used an over the range vent before. I was boiling a pot of water and the fan goes on automatically and I can't turn it off. It stays on way too long and it is loud. Is there no way to control the fan myself?
- Answer Hello Fancrazy! The fan will come on automatically if the unit gets to hot. This is to keep the controls cool. Thank you for your inquiry on our Whirlpool appliances.
QuestionI need operational info for this model...when I pick cook time what do I hit to start & stop? There is no User Guide available for this model?
- Answer In the neck to the last row on the control panel is an arrow pointing to the right that is your start and 2 over is your stop
- Answer Yes, there is an interior light.
QuestionDo the display instructions "crawl" across the screen? i.e: "PRESS 1 FOR CASSEROLE" ... "PRESS 2 FOR BACON" etc.
- Answer No scrolling instructions for preset functions.
QuestionWhat are the dimensions (excluding handle) of the Whirlpool Microwave model WMH31017HS? Length, Width and Depth please. Also, the top measurement from rear of microwave to the rear of the venting/fan unit?
- Answer Hello Bob321! The dimensions are: Depth 15 9/16", Height 17 1/8", Width 29 15/16". Unfortunately, we do not have the dimensions from the rear to the vent fan. Thank you for your inquiry on our Whirlpool appliances.
QuestionI will be installing a Whirlpool UWV1160CS-0, 1.6 cf OTR microwave. How heavy is the unit and do you have any suggests on installing it.
- Answer Hello DAB! The net weight is 55.9 pounds. We would recommend following the Installation Instructions for proper installation of the unit. Thank you for your inquiry on our Whirlpool appliances.
QuestionFan won't even kick on, everything else works. Can't find a manual online? Just bought this too.
- Answer Contact manufacturer. I have not had this problem.