Questions & Answers
- QuestionMeasurements (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this fridge energy efficient (5 Answers)
- Questionwill magnets work on front door of whirlpool model wrt311fzdw frig? (11 Answers)
- QuestionWhere is this refrigerator made? We would like to buy U.S. made if possible (2 Answers)Answers
The refrigerator is MADE IN MEXICO. Whirlpool USED to make all their fridges in the US, now they only make their more expensive ones here. If you look closely (in VERY TINY PRINT) on the label on the inner-left side of the unit, you'll see Made in Mexico. You'll have to study it for a few minutes, it's so tiny, so as not to draw attention. By the way, I called Whirlpool the other day to ask about this (when they answer they say "thank you for calling Whirlpool in Michigan") -- and the customer service rep there looked up every single unit I asked about and verified with me that ALL of the TOP-FREEZER (old-fashioned style, like this one) WHIRLPOOLS are now Made in MEXICO. What's sad isn't so much that it's made in Mexico now (all the LGs and Samsungs are made there, some of the Frigidaires are as well) but that Whirlpool -- as late as a year ago (early 2016) was bragging that "80% of its appliances sold in the US are made in the US" in press releases -- and answer calls saying "Whirlpool in Michigan" -- but now the vast majority of their refrigerators (and ALL of them of top-freezer style) are MADE IN MEXICO. Including this unit. Again, have a look at the label inside, on the left hand side. You'll have to sit there for quite a while because the "Made in Mexico" is the smallest print on that label.
- QuestionNeed to have hinges on the left side. Is that possible? (5 Answers)
- Questionwhat are the dimensions of the freezer? Where can we see the product? (3 Answers)Answers
It has a large freezer -- the reason (along with the price) I decided on this made-in-mexico unit that is NOT energy efficient (436kw/h rated, as opposed to 386 or 393 for other units). But the freezer is 6.1 cubic feet, and has lots of space. I actually freeze more stuff than I have in a normal fridge section, and if I could've found a 18.2 size fridge with similar space I would've opted for that (largest freezer space I could find in an 18.2 or 18.3 is a GE with 5.1 freezer space -- most of them only have freezers with 4.0 space). So I got a 20.5 size fridge (this one), made in mexico, seems kind of cheap (even the surface of the main door had imperfections) and is not energy efficient at all, but it DOES have a nice large freezer. If that is important to you and you can't afford something fancy at twice the price, there's not a lot of options. I got this one because of that.
- QuestionSince this unit is now made in Mexico -- you can check the label inside to verify this, or call Whirlpool directly to ask if you don't believe me -- how has the reliability of the unit been? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow noisy is this Whirlpool fridge.? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs there an ice maker accessory to purchase and install? I realize may not come with it but does freezer have hook up for it. Picture only shows exterior. (3 Answers)Answers
Whirlpool ice maker is available at Best Buy or $100. Water line kits sell for about $25 to tap into existing water lines. Mounts on left side of freezer with screw mounts and rear water pipe block. Valve connector goes in bottom area in left rear.
- QuestionDoes The Frig. have an ice maker? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions