Questions & Answers
- Answer yes it does.
QuestionWhen I magnify the back of the amp picture it looks like the zone B section can be used for bi-amping. Is this the case? Is this able to be bi-amped?
- Answer The amp for the Surround/Presence/Zone B speakers can be used for a zone B application only. You can only play one source using either Zone A, Zone B, or both. Zone B is only a two speaker system. Suggest you download the154 page Users Manual to investigate before purchase.
- Answer This unit only operates on 120VAC.
- Answer Network Ready is more for streaming music. I use Pandora and when the receiver is connected to your network you can access it, upgrade it. Access music connected to your network on PC's or drives.
QuestionMy unit will have to go in a side corner and the remote will not be in direct line of sight of unit will it still work ok
- Answer I just hooked my receiver up recently. You can download musiccast app on your phone and control your receiver from anywhere. Once you connect it to the internet you should be fine.
QuestionWill this enhance the sound of my Bose 2.1 proprietary sound system? HDMI inputs from DVD player and dish to TV then digital out to the digital in on the Bose controller box. Only other is analog. Can I play DTS stream via this receiver, cannot now DVD.
- Answer this reciever if hooked up to your bose system will play in 2 channel your tv must have hdmi ARC to play back in dolby atmos or dts x with proper speakers connected to reciever if you connect digital to reciever from tv it will be in 2 channel with reciever trying to duplicate 5.1 or 7,1 surround sound i have this reciever hooked up to the tv with 1 cable hdmi through ARC hdmi on tv all other componets are connected to tv and play through reciever in dolby or dts and sound amazing
QuestionDoes this receiver do true video upconversion like the specs state? I want to upconvert a 1080P signal to show as 4K when I hit info on my TV, which is 4K. I have an yamaha rx-a2050, which does this and the picture looks great.
- Answer Receiver up converts 1080p to 4K UHD. Also supports HDR pass through. Should work great for you.
- Answer I went with all Klipsch speakers. I bought the RP-280 FA floor speakers due to the built in ATMOS ceiling firing speakers. You cannot beat the effect if you would prefer not to install ceiling speakers. I selected the R112-SW 12 inch subwoofer and it produces 600 watts of very clean, room shaking bass tones. Finally, I selected the RP 450 center channel to round out the setup. Notice, I did not purchase any surround speakers. I DON"T really need them and I avoid running speaker wire all over my 240 sq foot living room. I have enough sound now to put on a rock concert in my home! Later on, I might add them just because that is the recommended way to create a HT environment but for now, I am very happy with my setup. Full disclosure, Best Buy does not carry these models I have listed. I wish they did as it would have added some major points to keeping my Elite Plus status, but that's life.
- Answer Any speaker will work, it is just a matter of what price you are willing to spend for the desired quality. The only thing you need to watch for is the power rating: speaker should not be less than the power output of the amplifier. Some others might even advise you to go 1.5x or 2x, but there are infinite schools of thought on that. The principle is that if your speakers are not rated for the output capability of your amp, be sure not to turn it up too loud! :)
- Answer I'm not familiar with the exact turntable you mention, but any older turntable without a "line" level output will require a separate phono preamp. These contain amplification and RIAA equalization that will let your turntable output drive a standard receiver input. For more info just enter "phono preamp" into your preferred search engine.
- Answer I use Harmony remote to connect Alexa to all of my AV. I am using the Yamaha AV Controller APP as a remote also.
I would recommend:
QuestionHow does one toggle between Zone A and Zone B. I have my speakers outside set up for Zone B but no sound comes out of them. It only shows "Zone A" illuminated. I selected "Zone B" under the settings. Still nothing. Thanks
- Answer I had the same problem. I had the Geek Squad come to my house. The zone B doesn’t wirk right out of box. It has to be set up. That is not very clear in manual. Once it’s set up it works great.
- Answer The back of the receiver shows 120 volt only. So it will not operate on 220 volts unless a step down transformer is used.
- Answer Yes, it will need to be HDR compatible.