Ratings & Reviews
- Muppetastic bonus features:
- Disney intermission - pause the movie and see what happens!
- Frog-e-oke sing-along - sing, howl and croak along with Kermit and the gang.
- Jim Frawley's extended camera test - the filmmakers take the Muppets for their first outdoor camera test. Includes never-before-seen footage.
- Doc Hopper's commercial
- Original trailers
- Classic bonus: Pepe profiles present Kermit - a frog's life - Pepe the king prawn turns the spotlight on one of the world's most famous frogs
Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear, from of the large crew of loveably fuzzy characters created by puppetmaster Jim Henson, have embarked on a quest for stardom. They take a trip to Hollywood, riding in or on a wide variety of vehicles along the way. They begin their journey on a bicycle pedalled by Kermit, but friends accumulate along the way, and they change vehicles to accomodate them. They have the additional challenge of fending off the entreaties of the heartless Doc Hopper (Charles Durning), who wants Kermit to make some advertisements promoting fried frog legs. Kermit must also cope with his amorous feelings for Miss Piggy, and hers for him. This appealing children's adventure movie has numerous scenes which do homage to classic films, and features a huge cast of Hollywood greats, from Edgar Bergen to Orson Welles, in cameo roles. A great box-office success, this movie paved the way for a number of sequels. One of the film's many songs, The Rainbow Connection, was nominated for an Oscar. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jim Henson - Kermit the Frog
- Frank Oz - Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy
- Charles Durning - Doc Hopper
- Dave Goelz - Great Gonzo