Before you read this review, I bought this monitor on Best Buy (because it was on sale, but it also on Amazon... I forgot to check) so that's why you don't see 'Verified Purchase' next to my review. I posted my review here so that I can share my insight with you with this monitor.
Since the AOC G2260VWQ6 is a gaming monitor. It comes with preset monitor settings that is preselected. Sadly these settings can't be changed in-depth like changing the color contrast. The presets that the monitor comes with is "FPS, Racing, RTS, Gamer 1, Gamer 2, and Gamer 3." To be honest, I didn't use these presets while gaming.
Note: In this review, I used a HDMI cable from my GPU to the monitor.
Once you plug the monitor in and set it all up. Here is some info about the monitor itself:
- On default, AOC put the monitor color settings on "Warm" which means high color contrast, it will mess with your eyes (well for me it did, it was annoying to look at). If you use a preset, you can't change this.
- Sadly on this monitor, it's AMD sponsored so that 75 Hz in the title means nothing to a NVIDIA user. With out the AMD hardware, the monitor will stay at 68 Hz (H. Frequency 68 Hz, V. Frequency 60 Hz).
- If you switch between modes like "FPS, Racing, RTS, etc" all your customization that you did will not save. You will have to redo everything. There are no save slots to save your own settings (this would have been a neat feature).
How does it look when playing games? The games look sharp and response time is fast as stated in the product description.
Other than that, the monitor is great. If you over look the AMD sponsorship behind the monitor. This is a great monitor to start off if you are new to PC gaming or even a causal gamer.
Things to know:
- The box includes monitor, power cord, VGA cable, foot stand, CD and a manual.
- Register the monitor on the AOC website.