I have had this grill now for a couple weeks, and I have not seen anything that made me regret the purchase. Overall, this unit seems VERY durable, versatile and high quality. I was hoping it would be slightly larger cooking surface, based on the overall size of the unit, but with a 14"x18" unit, it is only able to fit 4 burgers on there. The only thing missing on this grill is the outdoorsy flavor of a propane/charcoal grill.
- Since the grill plates can be placed in the dishwasher, the cleanup is quite nice. I had a different one prior, and it was a pain to clean, and was not dishwasher safe. Although this says it can be put in the dishwasher, it does say that after time, it could take off the slick finish.
- The provided tooth-like spatula used to clean it is amazing, when it comes to cleaning. I cooked burgers, and it had the grease and burned brown stuff inside the grooves of the grill plates, and a single swipe with that spatula it wiped it away, like I was recording a commercial.
- The App tells me exactly how long to cook things. Yes, an APP. The app shows different types of meat, bread, pancakes and eggs, and yes, even dessert and cheeses.
- Timer shut off is pretty cool. Granted, the grills will still stay hot for a while, and you can’t leave the food on there, but the peace of mind knowing it will shut off is nice.
- Alarm countdown timer lets you know how much time is left.
- Heats up pretty fast. In about 4 minutes you are ready to throw your food on there. It lets you know when it is pre-heated
- I can cook things EVENLY. Yes, that is an issue with most outdoor grills, but the ability to get the top and bottom to cook at the same time, the same temperature is not possible on an outdoor grill. It cuts the cooking time in half.
- Panini-style grilling and Open-faced style BBQ grilling in the same unit.
- I would bring this camping with us vs a propane camping stove. Sure, the propane gas stove may feel more outdoorsy, but this one definitely cooks better. I can cook breakfast, lunch and dinner on this grill.
- Can cook a pizza. Yeah, I thought it was going to turn out terribly, but it actually cooks it just fine. The top and bottom plates are set to different temperatures, and are locked in so that there is only a little gap.
- Large size for storage (but much smaller than an outdoor grill)
- Does not come with the Waffle maker grates. I was really hoping it did. Guess I have to pay more for those.
- No way to store the grill plates & flat plates when not using the other set. I am not sure how to store them without setting them on top of one another and risking scratching them. I don't know how they would do that, but having interchangeable parts that are larger, it makes it difficult to account for storage.
- The buttons/knobs do not have any words on them, only pictures. To some, this may not seem like a negative, but in reality, the picture that is next to the grill temperature dials, is a side view of the grill, where either the top or the bottom half is filled in with white. It is very confusing as to which is which. Is the dark filled in portion what the dial is for, or is it the white portion. Turns out, it is the white filled in portion (opposite of what I would think). I can see myself forgetting each time I grill, and having to look it up in the manual, which knob controls which grill plate.
- The Cord is very short (only about 2 feet long).
- Broil is only allowed 1 time, in 30 minutes. That seems kind of strange, because what if I want to broil several different things, or food that was not able to fit on the grill for the 1st round?
- The top plate has a small ball/spring-like device to keep it in parallel to the handle, and when enough pressure is put on the top plate, it disengages and snaps into free pivot mode. That way the top plate is no longer angled away from the bottom plate, and drops to be parallel. I get that it is meant to pop out when I close it on a thick burger, but there is not enough tension in it so it doesn’t continually disengage when lifting it up/down or moving the whole grill around.