GoPro - Karma Quadcopter with HERO5 Black - Black/White
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
Ultra portable drone
The Karma Drone folds to fit into the included lightweight case. Take it anywhere. When you're ready to fly, just unfold, attach the propellers and go.
Includes GoPro HERO5 Black and detachable camera stabilizer
Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos. In Single, Burst, and Time Lapse modes.
Remove the Karma stabilizer and attach it to Karma Grip for ultra steady, professional-looking handheld shots.
See what your drone sees
The built-in touch display of the Karma controller streams a live, first-person view of what Karma sees.
Game-style controller with ultra bright touch display
Flying is fun with a game-style controller that makes it easy to fly the drone and control your camera at the same time.
Total camera control
Designed from the ground up to give you full control of your GoPro in flight, Karma lets you remotely control all camera modes and capture settings, add HiLight Tags and more using its built-in touch display.
Automatic takeoff, landing and return home
Automatic one-button takeoff and landing helps first-time pilots fly with confidence. Karma safely flies back to you when out of range, if there's a lost connection or when the battery runs low.
Take your friends for a ride
The GoPro Passenger™ App lets friends view your flight and control your GoPro while you fly.
Replacement parts help keep you flying
Arms, landing gear and other components are easily replaceable. Extra propellers are included.
The following website may help you make informed decisions about flying your drone: KnowBeforeYouFly.org. Additional state or local requirements may apply. Check your local jurisdiction.
- 6 propellers
- Battery and charger
- Case and mounting ring
- Controller with touch display
- GoPro HERO5 BLACK
- Grip handle
- Harness and frame (for HERO5 Black)
- Karma Drone
- USB-C cable
- Wireless Range3280 feet
- Maximum Flight Time (no payload)20 minutes
- Integrated GPSYes
- Integrated CameraYes
- Product Weight4.012 pounds
- Video Resolution2160p (4K)
- Product NameKarma Quadcopter with HERO5 Black
- Recommended Minimum Age16 years
- Recommended Maximum Age16 years
- Assembly RequiredPartial
- Model NumberQKWXX-511
- Color CategoryBlack
- Records AudioYes
- Memory Card IncludedNo
- Indoor Or Outdoor UseOutdoor
- 3D CaptureNo
- First Person View (FPV)No
- HD StreamingYes
- Camera GimbalIncluded
- Burst ModeYes
- Camera CompatibilityGoPro HERO5 Black
- Mobile Device HolderNo
- Autonomous Flight ModesLanding, Other, Return to take-off point
- Directional ControlsAll
- Number of Rotors4
- Operating Frequency2400 gigahertz
- Maximum Speed22 revolutions per minute
- Maximum Wind Speed Resistance22 miles per hour
- Additional Accessories IncludedStabilizer, Grip handle, Harness and frame (for HERO5 Black), Battery, Charger, 6 propellers, Case, Mounting ring, USB-C cable
- Memory Card CompatibilitymicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- Landing Gear/Legs IncludedLanding Legs
- Battery TypeLithium-ion
- Battery SizeOther
- Number of Batteries Required1
- Batteries IncludedYes
- Charging Time60 minutes
- Remote Control Power2.4 gigahertz
- Controller Battery TypeLithium-ion
- Controller Battery SizeBattery pack
- Number Of Controller Batteries Required1
- Controller Batteries IncludedYes
- Battery Capacity4200 milliampere hours
- Interface(s)USB Type C
- Charging Interface(s)USB Type C
- AC Adapter CompatibleYes
- AC Adapter IncludedYes
- Battery Voltage14.8 volts
- Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts1 Year
- Manufacturer's Warranty - Labor1 Year
- Product Setw/ HERO5 Black
Rating 4.1 out of 5 stars with 403 reviews(403 Reviews)
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Freaking awesomePosted .
First, make sure your microSD card can handle this payload of the massive amounts of sick video footage and pix you're gonna be taking (also, higher quality higher storage but you should know that). The charger can charge the battery pack for Karma and the controller, the stick or the Hero5. That was pretty rocking. The blades are color coded and only need hand tightening. The FAA registration fee is $5 and can be done online. You get a code which you can pen or engrave on the drone per regs. Not sure if it has a follow mode yet but it can hover in place, easy to navigate. Kids are gonna love seeing it, and I learned my lesson the hard way, don't fly indoors until you're really good. Smacked into a door frame. A pack of 4 blades is $20 so that wasn't too bad! Excellent product!I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Simply AwesomePosted .
It's so easy to use Has amazing quality video ! If you want to land it just push a button it comes right back to you! Only down side is a battery only Last about 15 min so had to buy to However they charge super fast! We use it for land clearing If interested in seeing some videos go to www.facebook.com/GeorgialandcaresolutionsI would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
All In One For The Adventurist!Posted .
Where to start! This is the only drone you'll ever need for the adventurist enthusiast. It's a complete package. Although there is no obstacle avoidance like other drones its very easy to fly. The beginner mode which limits the speed at which the drone flies and the altitude limiter is a great way to get started flying. When switched off you can get the touchy the controls and no more sluggish maneuvers. Battery life is a good 15 minutes but getting a spare battery is a must for more flying time.With the other 3 minutes getting your karma back safely. Battery charges with in an 50 minutes. (hour at the most) I've personally flew the karma to about 4500 feet, and about a 3/4 of a mile away from me and video gets kinda choppy. Line of sight of the drone will get you farther. 4K video is GREAT but getting a Micro SD card that is capable of the storage needed. The Karma grip with removable gimble is the best when getting great stable footage. GoPro camera charges whenever it is connect to drone of karma grip. So you'll never be left with a dead camera when you need it the most. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. It's the only drone that made the most sense with the what's included. Happy Flying!I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Super fun, Super easy, Super AWESOME!!!Posted .
This is my first Drone...and I'm so glad I chose the GoPro Karma!!! I've used their cameras for some time now for all kinds of outdoor activities. Now for a the new perspective...the above view...it's totally awesome!!! The Karma has everything you need (except the SD Card...don't forget that), is very user friendly, easy to operate, and fun for all. I'm already planning spring and summer video and photo sessions hiking, mountain biking, and diving...it's gonna be fun!!!I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
great valuePosted .
was going to buy go pro hero 5 black but when i saw this drone that comes with it for $1099 (although it doesn't come with a memory card) my daughters talk me into getting this, we're so excited to try this tomorrowI would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Best drone on the marketPosted .
This drone was worth every penny! The quality put into is what makes it the best drone available. Not only fun to use but the type of pictures you can capture are amazing. Takes GoPro to the next level especially when you like to travel and adventurous.I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Not the best dronePosted .
As far as my experience with the drone. 1. Drone Wifi signal is not as strong as radio. I like flying manually and sometimes while making a camera movement and the signal breaks you get that sort of lagging in your shot. 2. Real battery life around 15 min, When fully charged it displays 18 min of flight but as the battery is coming around 3 min left the drone starts "return home" mode and even if you disable it, it would start landing slowly. You can control it, but its like if you're fighting with the drones automatic response. 3. This is great buy if you want to V-log with this you can cover Land, Sky and Underwater. Hero 5 Black is a great camera and now you can get Hero 7 Black which is even better. You get around 20ft deep without any additional underwater housing. That's the main reason I bought this product. And it comes with a nice backpack to store and carry your drone.I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
All in one bundle dronePosted .
If you're looking for a camera drone, I think this one works great. I highly recommend getting insurance because you can't predict wind and other elements and knowing something so expensive is covered gives you a relief. You can't prevent a crash but you can be prepared for it. I bought extra memory and battery so I can have tons of fun and take photos continuously. I haven't been able to use it much since I'm stick on duty at work but I can't wait to take it on vacation to tropical areas and take some aerial shots. Also plenty of apps to support it. I live Gopro so naturally I love them integrated the drone and made the Karma. Plus the backpack is cool to mount camera on and carrying case. Then having its own stick is an added bonus.I would recommend this to a friend
Q: QuestionDoes this come like the Gopro website?, with the carrying backpack case and stabilization grip.
Asked by OlegnaGopro.
- A:Answer Yup...has everything.
Answered by Dave
Q: QuestionJust curious what the flight time experience has been like. Says 20 minutes with no payload; however, is the camera considered "payload"? Is it 20 minutes WITH the camera? Also, how close to 20 minutes is the "actual" flight time?
Asked by JoeShuck.
- A:Answer Given that the camera is required to fly I wouldn't think that the camera is considered payload. I've never tried to fly with any payload mostly because I haven't needed to and it doesn't seem equipped to hold anything (you would have to use some ingenuity to attach something to it). I can speak as to how long it flies without any payload but obviously with the camera. And in my use, it's been between 18-19 minutes of flight time. The very first time I flew it, it landed itself due to low battery around the 18 minutes mark, even though on the handheld controller, the screen said there was 2 minutes of flight time left. I haven't flown it enough while taking video/stills to determine how much that drains the battery. Hope that helps.
Answered by callmeageeth
Q: QuestionWhy does the bestbuy site say that the Karma has a range of only 3280 feet while the gopro site says 3000m? Why is best buy short selling this drone?
Asked by Question.
- A:Answer The Karma comes configured with a safety to travel no more than 3280 feet at which point it won't let you take it further. However, within the control pad, there is an option to turn off the Safe Distance feature. Admittedly, I forget exactly what the menu item is called. It is an off/on menu item toggled by touching it. I have flown the drone nearly 6000 feet which is a little over a mile, mind you with clear line of sight. At that point, the drone lost the signal from my controller. Immediately upon the drone losing controller signal, it will return to your home point using a similar GPS path it took to get to where it is. It returns at an altitude and speed which you set in preferences. When the drone comes back into range of the controller, you can again take control of it.
Answered by BBwouldBBankruptwithoutMe
Asked by Marcer.
- A:Answer Yes, it comes with the KARMA grip stabilizer which is a $299.99 value alone. The thing is awesome for body mount activities and walk and shoot video capture. Unbelievable value vs. the competitor products out there. You just pop the harness and camera from the drone and lock it into the grip and you are good to go. I love it!
Answered by KarmaFlyer
Q: QuestionDoes the Go-pro camera detach from the drone? Could i put it in a water proof case and swim with it on the beach i just filmed?
Asked by Thenewguy.
- A:Answer Yes you can!
Answered by Bondon
Asked by GT.
- A:Answer Yes it will crash into anything that gets in the way. It does not have proximity sensors like some of the other models. The placement for hovering is dependent on GPS location so I find it may have some drift (1-2ft tops) at very low elevation. Like many of the reviews say, it isn't the BEST drone but it is a full system for action photography which the other drones aren't.
Answered by vtrider001