Two days ago I upgraded from the Motion Vision, to the Motion Vision X. I immediately noticed a difference in the sound quality. The mids and highs were more pronounced. My Dynamo 700 subwoofer came to life unlike when connected to the previous model, and sounds 30 to 40% better. (No exaggeration). This new model is Wi-Fi ready and has a Play-Fi app which allows you to stream music from your devices to the sound bar. There is one less optical port which makes no difference for my current set up, the previous model has two. The remote control is much larger than the previous one, and is made out of metal. The problems and concerns from the previous model have been addressed on this newest revision, except there are still no HDMI ports only digital optical. If you purchase this sound bar with reasonable expectations of simulated surround you’ll be happy. This sound bar is for people that want accurate, warm and natural sound, with pronounced midrange frequencies. If this is what you are looking for in a high end sound bar the Motion Vision X is for you.
1. This newest model (X) performs a lot better than the previous model “Motion Vision” and is truly a high end sound bar.
2. The overall volume scale has changed and does not require being played at high levels to get adequate sound. For example it’s pretty loud at level 30, on the previous model I would normally have to play it at level 60 for normal listening.
3. The subwoofer response is great when connected to this unit (I chose wired over wireless). A subwoofer is not needed, the sound bar has plenty bass unless you enjoy windows rattling and vibrations in the floor. The Dynamo 700 did the trick for me. (Medium sized room)
4. You can adjust the "surround feature" to better simulate 5.1 surround.
5. It has a much larger remote (thanks Martin Logan) I got tired of having to look for it each day because it was so small. The new remote is elegant and fits the price range.
6. Performs great at low levels, and in night mode. All dialogue can be heard clearly regardless of volume level.
7. The display screen times out and darkens after your last command. On the previous model the letters “ML” was permanently displayed on the sound bar’s display screen, which was a little distracting at night.
8. Martin Logan has great support and is responsive to all requests.
1. The simulated surround is a little better than on the previous model, but not much.
2. It's not easy to connect to Wi-Fi. You may have to move the sound bar near the router (until logged in) as instructed in the owner’s manual, or connect it via Ethernet cable until logged in.
3. It’s a little more expensive than the previous model but within reason.
4. Still no HDMI ports.