After using this versatile kitchen appliance for over to a week now, am wondering why I never thought of having one before? If it's a liquid, or needs to be turned into a liquid – this baby is now my choice. It is much more convenient to use then a hand mixer, which is bulky and clumsy to use, and does not liquefy like this Phillips Pro Mix Immersion Hand Blender. After a simple hand wash, the very first thing I experimented with was eggs for an omelet. I love all kinds of omelets. I cracked four eggs into the provided one liter beaker and lowered the blender tool into the bottom. I pressed the variable speed button control, 'ON', to medium by pressing only half-way and frothed a rich mixture of foaming egg whites, which completely combined into the yolks in less then a minute. Poured into my pre-heated omelet pan, sprinkled on grated cheddar cheese, and diced ham. In about four minutes (two on each side of the omelet pan) I had an inch and a half high fluffy, and tasty breakfast treat. Even enough delicious, fluffy omelet left over for Grandma too. YUM, YUM! After that experience I was 'hooked'.
Poured through the enclosed recipe booklet and found 'Smoothie' recipe treats for my Grand Kids. Couldn't wait 'till they came over to visit. I had ice cream and all the fruit ingredients ready for Blueberry, Strawberry, and Peach flavored Smoothies. Using the Phillips ProMix Immersion Blender I made custom Smoothies and Ice Cream Sodas pretty quick, even for a Grandpa. My four Grand Kids loved the Smoothies and Sodas, and, wanted more. I was wondering why Grandma didn't ask for one, but one of the kids spilled the 'beans' on Grandma. She was sampling each one I custom-made for the kids to make sure Grandpa was doing it 'right'. Grandma forewarned me ahead of the kids visit that I would have to clean up the 'mess'. But, little did she know how easy it was to clean the Phillips ProMix Blender. I ran hot water from the kitchen sink faucet over the blender bar, then, dipped the blade enclosure into soapy hot water, and rinsed. I stood the blender bar unit up to let air-dry. My kind of clean-up. WooHoo! Have a dishwasher for the Smoothie, Soda glasses and included Phillips beaker.
This Phillips Immersion Blender is so much easier to use, clean, and store then a hand/mixer blender. Four days ago I used the Phillips ProMix Blender to liquefy whole canned tomatoes in Grandma's pasta sauce. It normally takes six to eight hours of cooking for that to happen in the pot by itself. Needless to say I am now in charge of omelet making, not to mention Smoothies, Sodas, and Desserts, and, helping Grandma with her special pasta sauce.
Some of the Key Features of the Phillips ProMix Hand Blender:
* Speed Touch technology, utilizing finger depression of variable speed button.
* Powerful 300 watt motor – ample drive to power other available attachments.
* 1L ProMix Beaker for uniform blending and combining of various ingredients.
* Handle grip is ergonomically designed.
* The blender blades are Titanium coated, which is 6 times harder than steel.
* Simple single button release for quick, easy release of all available accessories.
* Quick, easy, and simple clean-up.
* Electrical cord is a generous sixty-two inches long.
* Provided beaker holds a generous twenty-four ounces.
* Accepts other available accessories.
* Phillips ProMix Blender with Speed Touch.
* Triangular shaped, twenty-four ounce beaker.
* Recipe Booklet
* User Manual
* One Year Limited Warranty
* A bit heavy at first, but when you stand it up and immerse it in liquid it is easy to operate.
* Cannot process frozen fruit or ice cubes.
* Not for use on hard nuts or fruit with pits or hard centers.
* Be careful in Teflon and Stainless Steel pans and pots - the Aluminum Blade Housing could scratch those surfaces.
What I really like about this unit it is that it is so handy to use almost every day. No need to to put it on a shelf next to the food processor or hand mixer, which are seldom used. I keep it on the kitchen counter, where I can get to it conveniently. I am using it to mash sweet potatoes, pancake mixes for the Grand Kids, desserts, blend sauces, gravies, salad dressings, and dips for Grandma and me. This a 'must-have' kitchen appliance. I love it, and I think you will too.
I give this is baby five stars and highly recommend it. If you have never used an immersion blender before, like me – you will be 'converted' by the multitude of its practical uses in your kitchen. It stays on my counter top – even Grandma says it is OK. This Phillips ProMIx Hand Blender makes the 'perfect' gift for a wedding, birthday, anniversary, to any family member or friend, who appreciates the mechanics of quality food preparation, which turns into fantastic taste treats.