QuestionIs there a monthly subscription fee for using Air TV? I understand that there is such a fee with TiVo. I'm currently using a Roku Express and subscribe to Sling Tv but would like to get a few local channels if they're REALLY free
- Answer Air TV and Sling TV combine with over-the-air HD Antenna for a seamless operation. The websites discuss how it works. AirTV player has an antenna to usb adapter that you see in the picture for the AirTV player. Sling TV integrates all AirTV resources into it's displays. I think it really is done well. You are only limited by how much your HD antenna (which you have to supply) can get a good signal on. Just google on AirTV and SlingTV for more information. You can have your cake and eat it too. AirTV is purchase. SlingTV is subscription, but much, much less than cable and satellite. Hope this helps.
- Answer There is a Beta coming where DVR will be activated. DVR will be coming to the Air TV with an update.
QuestionDoes this require an Internet connection to use? I just want to receive analog ota tv programs and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Answer In order to log into Sling, you will require internet access. Even though you can have a free Sling account, you still need to log in for any functions to work.
- Answer Yes, a USB drive can be connected for storage.
QuestionI currently have Sling TV and looking to add over the air channels. If this device is added am I able to view the over the air channels on all devise through sling like on my IPAD, or other TVs not hooked up directly through AIR TV.
- Answer The AirTV Player is a single TV device that shows (and records) local channels on only TV it is connected to. AirTV is currently beta testing a new device (simply called AirTV) that lets you watch locals on all of your favorite devices both in and out of home.
QuestionI’m confused. How/ where does it get ota channels? Is there an antenna that comes with it? Similar to the digital antenna I use now for local channels? Or does it get the local ota channels and stream to device via the internet?
- Answer It does not get the OTA channels over the internet. You would use the same OTA antenna you may be using with a 'converter' box. There is a 75 ohm cable connector on the SlingTV box and that is where you connect the OTA antenna. This replaces the converter box you may know but has the ability to also get streaming content for channels you subscribe to via the SlingTV account and also Netflix etc. The beauty is you can integrate all these sources of content into one 'MyTV' listing if you like, and be able to see a guide to what's on on the subset of channels you like (or all the channels from all sources if you like). Pretty neat.
- Answer You can stream live TV programs using the built in Sling TV app or OTA channels from your antenna. OTA channel quality will be compressed in my experience and will occasionally buffer, which doesn't happen when you connect the antenna directly to your TV or through a receiver.
QuestionDoes airtv work with a mobile hot spot. Cutting the cord I am running on mobile data hot spot with unlimited data. Although unlimited isn't true is slowed very quickly after streaming. Is this an issue with the product?
- Answer It all depends on the type of "unlimited" plan you have. It does require a high-speed connection to get quality pictures.
- Answer Not with this adapter, you will need to purchase the 2 turner adaptor for that
- Answer Yes, you will need antenna that is appropriate for your location.
QuestionHave problems with the initial set up of ota channels to sling app on this device. My adapter finds all the available channels through my hdtv antenna but once the search is complete I get the done screen, press done then get setup failed. Nothing else.
- Answer The OTA antenna should be connected to the AirTV player with the AirTV adapter.
QuestionI am currently using an M2 to transport IPTV content to an Amazon Fire box plugged in my daughters tv at college. It works great, need to set up another, will this box transport or have to use M2 or 500?
- Answer This an Android box...specifically for SLING TV. It allows for local TV channels to appear in the SLING TV guide(with the usb adapter). It allows for other .apk apps but, I have not got one to successfully install. Items from the play store install but not direct install. Hope this helps
QuestionI have a 2006 Samsung that does not have a digital tuner. When my coaxial cable plugs into my tv it is scrambled. Will this work for me?
- Answer It is designed to work with over the air channels using a digital antenna. It won't work with you scrambled cable box. It is best to use with a Sling TV subscription assuming you have high speed Internet. It allows you to access and DVR both your local over the air channels as well as those provided through Sling TV.
- Answer It formatted my external dish. It may be easier to use Plex.tv on another device and use the plex app on air tv.