Questions & Answers
- Questionbackup time (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI am looking for a backup power source to use on my modem so that I do not lose my phone service which powers my alarm. Will this unit work well for that? (5 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan i use the battery backup with a hdtv? (5 Answers)Answers
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, it is possible to use this Back-UPS with your HDTV. However, you will just want to check the specs for your television to ensure this unit is appropriately sized for your equipment. The BX1300G is rated for 780 watts and 1300 VA. Please also note that this unit provides a stepped approximated sine wave while on battery power. This is not an issue for standard IT equipment, but you will want to see if your TV requires a pure sine wave or not.
- QuestionI have a security camera system with 1 camera using a transformer converting 120VAC to 12VDC 1 amp output. What size APC is required to power 1 camera for 6 hours? The NVR is 120VAC to 12VDC 2 amp output. Would you double the size for above for 6 hrs? (1 Answer)Answers
Thank you for inquiry. The BX1300G would give you around 4 hours of runtime with 24 watts (12VDC X 2 amps) equipment connected to it. If you are looking to get more runtime then you may want to check out our BR1500G. It would have the option to connect an external battery to it which would provide 6 plus hours you are looking for you. Please do not hesitate to contact an APCbySchneider sales team if you need any further assistance. We offer email and chat services through our support site and you may also contact us directly at 800-800-4272.
- QuestionHow long does the backup system run if it is connected to a home security system? (5 Answers)Answers
I don't have the answer to this, just wanted to point out that it would be very difficult to accurately answer the question without prior knowledge of the power demands of said system. Perhaps the documentation of the security system has information about peak draw / usage. If it does, you should be able to do some comparison between peak draw and max output of UPS and get a ballpark idea.
- QuestionCan I also plug in those 6-8 xtra plug power strips? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionProtection Plans (6 Answers)
- QuestionBattery (5 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions