Questions & Answers
QuestionWhich is the best cable to use? HDMI or Display Port for connection? What are the differences? The computer I am considering purchasing does have both connectors. Thanks
- Answer HDMI only gives you up to 60hz refresh rate. Display port is the better option. You'll get 180hz refresh rate using display port.
- Answer PC Gaming. The superb refresh rate is lost on a console. HDMI can only transmit 60mhz, so the 144+ this monitor offers is wasted.
- Answer yes is windows 10 ready and has audio jack for headphones but no speakers
- Answer Yes it does. There are 2 crosshair designs and both are available in red or green for 4 options total.
QuestionDo I have to have a PC or can i use this without it? i really want a gaming pc but i cant afford it and want to know if this can work on its own.
- Answer This can be used as monitor to go with your xbox, ps4, etc. Use the HDMI port to connect it to a console of your choice. However, you would be wasting your money. This is $$ primarily because it has 144hz, 1ms, and gsync. none of these are available on console anyway, so you might as well buy a cheaper monitor - for example, something with IPS, 5ms or better response time 60hz or better refresh rate. You should be able to get one with all those three criteria for well under $200.
QuestionI'm from Norway and we have 230Volt and not 115Volt you use in the state. Can I use this in norway or is it only functional with 115Volt?
- Answer Yes, this unit is dual voltage.
- Answer No built in speakers. Recommend a decent 2.1 or 5.1 system to go with this monitor. Logitech is a good trusted brand.
- Answer It is adjustable by a lot. I have mine almost a foot off table.
QuestionThis monitor is stated to be 3D! Is it passive or active 3D? Or does 3D mean something else that I'm not aware of?
- Answer This is an active 3d capable display. You have to have an nvidia card that supports 3D, and you have to have additional nvidia 3d hardware
QuestionCan you physically rotate this screen clockwise or counter clockwise (left or right) when it is on the stand?
- Answer you can rotate it clockwise to a portrait position (in fact it comes in the box that way).
- Answer I have to use headphone
QuestionI know there are 2 screw holes on the top of this monitor, what are those for? Can I use to to mount a second monitor on top of this one?
- Answer Until you asked this question, I never knew those holes were there. Mine are covered with rubber tabs that look like they can be removed. You have to remember this screen can be adjusted to match up side to side to a second screen, but can't see how you could put a second one on top, unless this is for a Wall Mount perhaps. I bought this new and kept my paperwork and instructions. I did not see anything pertaining to those holes. However, Here is Asus's Tech Support Online Help and Phone in USA: http://support.asus.com/ 1-812-282-2787 Good Luck Henry
- Answer This monitor can connect to the GTX 1070 Founders edition via either the HDMI or DisplayPort.