Questions & Answers
- Answer Hello Ethan, Snowball iCE is compatible with the Blue Sherpa software. Sherpa is a free download available, here is the link: https://www.bluedesigns.com/products/sherpa/ . and I have also attached the URL for the Blue Snowball iCE, user manual so you can easily get setup on your operating system. https://s3.amazonaws.com/cd.bluemic.com/pdf/manuals/snowball-ice/Blue_Snowball_iCE_QuickStart-EN.pdf Feel free to reach out to the support website if you have any further questions. Thank you, enjoy!
QuestionI need something that will let the people i video chat with hear me better. Will this work for that?
- Answer Hello zingagirl! Absolutely, the Snowball iCE USB Microphone delivers crystal-clear audio quality that’s way ahead of your built-in computer microphone. It’s even Skype and Discord certified, which guarantees great-sounding results no matter how or where you use it—at home or the office.
- Answer It's 2.0 the older one. Not the thin one we had before type c, but the chunkier one.
- Answer Um yeah actually you can, it's pretty simple PS4 has a little USB and plug it in.
- Answer The Blue Snoball iCE is plug-and-play, and works with most programs. You will need to make sure, in your system settings, the Blue mic is selected.
QuestionIs there a way to mute the mike?
- Answer Hello DrBrown, unfortunately there is no designated mute button on Snowball iCE USB Microphone. However, there are ways in which you can "mute" the mic if needed. For example if you are in Zoom or Teams, there are "mute" actions you can deploy. It would depend on what type of platform you are using and there accessible mute features. If you are looking to have a microphone with a small footprint and mute button, Yeti Nano would be a great alternative : https://www.bluemic.com/en-us/products/yeti-nano/. I hope this information was helpful. If you ever have additional feedback or questions regarding Logitech products, feel free to visit https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us Thanks, -Logitech
QuestionCan this be connected to an iPhone to enhance video recording of singing? What additional components may be required?
- Answer Hello Jack! It is possible to use the Snowball iCE USB Microphone with an iPhone yes, and it does require the use of a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, here's the link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter-white/7006933.p?skuId=7006933
- Answer The Blue Snowball iCE is designed for use with PC through a standard USB-A. - Will, Blue.
QuestionI teach Zoom fitness classes using an HP laptop. Students say they can’t hear me when I’m not facing the computer. I also play background music on a separate device. Students say they can’t discern the music. Is this mic suitable for Zoom fitness classes?
- Answer Hi SkystheLimit, As great as the Snowball iCE USB Microphone is, I wouldn't recommend it to teach your Zoom fitness classes because you'll have pretty much the same problem you're having now. The reason is because the Snowball iCE uses a Cardioid pickup pattern that's best for when you're in front of it. I would recommend a wireless headset that you'd wear, much like a singer/dancer would use on stage. Here's a link to an article I found that will help you with your online fitness class and best practices https://www.musicrepo.com/online-fitness-class-setup/. Hope that you found this helpful and that you're doing well. - Richard from Logitech
- Answer You just need a USB outlet on the surface pro and you are good to go. I use it for Zoom meetings.
QuestionHow long is the USB cord? I want to use it for gaming so I need it to be long enough to reach the back of my computer.
- Answer The cord is definitely long enough, i have mine running behind my router, speakers, monitor and then plugged into my computer with extra room to move it around
QuestionCan you use this on an USB port on a Xbox or PlayStation and will it work as a mic if you have headphones connected to the controller?
- Answer Hi Bb! You can definitely plug this into the USB port on a console.
QuestionIs it possible to use this as a speakerphone microphone in a small room? Can it pick up someone speaking within 20 feet?
- Answer Yes, you can use it and a speakerphone microphone. The ideal distance for clear pickup sound is 8" to 12". 20 feet is too far for a clear sound pickup. I hope this helps with your buying decision.
QuestionSo I just bought a BlueMic Snowball. I see it's way different from the USB Yeti Microphone that I also have. For the USB Yeti Microphone, it has a headphone port to listen and record music. But for the snowball it doesn't have it. How come?
- Answer When I researched this product, it's ideal use is designed for beginner's and thus may explain why the price point is more attractive for consumers. It can record vocals and musical instruments very well.