Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $119.99
QuestionHow long does it take to charge, and how long does it play on a single charge at max volume, and how many decibels does it put out at max volume?
- Answer Hello. Thank you for the great questions! The SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker will take approximately 4 hours to go through a full charging cycle (0-100% battery life). It will play for 6 hours at normal listening levels. We don't have an exact number for play time at maximum volume, but you can expect it to be less than the 6 hours. We also don't have an exact sound intensity (dB) specification available to provide, but we can say that for the small size of this speaker, you will definitely be impressed by what you hear! We hope you take the opportunity to try one out! Thanks - Brian
QuestionI need a waterproof speaker. I travel a lot with my job and need one for the shower area. My phone will only play so loud and do not want to expose it to the moisture. Do any of the speakers come with clips or are magnetized to stay in place? Thank you!
- Answer There is a tab on the back that can be used to attach to your shower curtain rod or shower door if you want. It can also be used to attach to bike handlebars as well.
QuestionWill sand from the beach damage this speaker? There are many holes on top as well as an exposed charging port (no protective cover over it) and I'm a bit nervous about taking it to the beach.
- Answer Hello DangerNate, Great question! The SoundLink Micro is fully waterproof so the exposed port and holes should have no trouble at all resisting sand intrusion. That being said, sand is an abrasive and some simple precautions such as a good rinse after use means you can enjoy your music anywhere you can carry the Micro - including the beach! Best Regards, Greg - Bose Support
- Answer Yes. It works very well.
- Answer You can use any car adapter and any micro usb cord to charge
- Answer NO; does not accept Apple lightning connection, but comes with charger cable
QuestionCan this speaker be used with a PC equipped with Bluetooth? Also I am trying to attached the charging cable to the speaker and there are what looks like 2 metal 'teeth' stopping it from attaching properly.
- Answer It is a tight micro USB port. Use a bit of force.
- Answer The strap stretches and attaches to the unit via a tab that hooks into a slot on the speaker. The strap stretches enough to allow for attaching to something about the size of a bike handlebar or similar. The connection is somewhat tenuous and I would not trust it if I were riding a bike. It's really meant for attaching to something that isn't moving.
- Answer Hello crumbs, Thanks for the question. No, you do not require the Bose Connect app to use your speaker. Simply turn on the Bluetooth on your device and hold down the Bluetooth button on the SoundLink Micro to make it ready to pair with your device. Hope this helps! Thanks again, Mohsin-Bose Support
- Answer Hello, Alan. Thank you for your interest in the SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker! The Micro is engineered with a durable, water-proof body and is perfect for the shower or steam rooms. We would not recommend charging the speaker in these types of environments. Please note that the operating temperate range (when not charging) is -4° F – 158° F (-20° C – 70° C). We hope this helps! Have a great day. Jesse - Bose Support
- Answer Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, two SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speakers can be used together in stereo-pair mode, or party mode. We hope this helps!
QuestionYou say it is waterproof but how waterproof is it exactly, if I drop it in my pool will it be fine? Also is it steam proof as well can I put it in my shower and not worry about it? Thank you.
- Answer The speaker is IPX7 rated meaning that it is protected from accidental submersion in 1 meter (3.3 feet) of water for up to 30 minutes. However the speaker is not steam proof.
QuestionFirst question is dumb - does this produce binaural (stereo or better) sound? Second question is the volume output sufficient to listen to traveling in midsize car at freeway speeds (no special sound dampening)? Thanks in advance.
- Answer Yes, this speaker offers stereo sound and has an output sufficient for a mid-size car.
- Answer Yes, you can use the SoundLink Micro while it is charging.
- Answer Hello Big1958One, Thanks for your interest in our Bose products! We designed the SoundLink Micro for personal listening and wherever you are headed, we'd like it to tag along. You can strap to a bike but it would not be loud enough to hear over the sound of a motorcycle engine. Hope you have a wonderful day! Mohsin-Bose Support.
- Answer Yes, just as long as the device your using to access the website radio station has Bluetooth capability.