Questions & Answers
QuestionBesides price how does the new model compare to the older one at 179?One is 179, the newest is 199,what do I get for the additional price. What usable benefits does the new model have, compare?
- Answer Great question! The newest model (which is the one I purchased) has a better battery life, it can now be charged with any microUSB cable (you can only charge the older model with the Bose cable), it has a built-in microphone so you can use it as a speakerphone, you can play/pause/skip songs using the new button on the top of the speaker, and it provides you with audio feedback (for example it talks to you when your device is connected). I like the newer model much better than the previous one, but that's just my opinion. Hope this helps!
- Answer The SoundLink Mini II has an AUX input that will allow you to connect to the headphone jack or the analog audio output found on most TVs.
- Answer The sound quality is amazing. When I brought this to a friends cookout and started playing music, he looked around trying to figure out where the music was coming from assuming it was some big boombox.
QuestionAux stereo cableIs there an aux cord/cable included with the speaker or does it need to be purchased separately?
- Answer A 3.5mm audio cable used with non-Bluetooth audio sources would be purchased separately.
QuestionCan two blu tooth Bose speakers be used at the same time using the same source for music(iPad for example) ?I am wonderig if I can use a second speaker in an adjacent room while playing music from my Iphone, etc. Can two Blu Tooth Boste speakers be linked somehow? LIke one in the kitchen and one in the dining room at the same time? Thanks for any assistance you can provide...
- Answer This speaker does not allow you to pair more than one unit at a time to the same device. There are many others that do however. The UE Boom 2 and Megaboom are some that will allow this. You can even use one for a left channel and one for a right to get better stereo separation. This is becoming a more and more common feature.
- Answer I bought the pearl for my wife to match her iPhone but the unit is actually silver which does in fact match the silver of the white iPhones/iPads. Unless you're trying to match colors like I did, you cannot go wrong with either color.
- Answer No and yes if you have an Aux option on the back of your television you can.
QuestionRemoteDoes it come with a remote like the Bose Soundtouch 10? Which one is the newer model--the Soundlink Mini II or the Soundtouch 10?
- Answer This speaker does not come with a remote as you'd use the Bluetooth device (tablet, cell phone, etc.) as your remote for controlling your music tracks and volume. The 10 is a newer product and would be best if kept in the same place in the home. The Mini II would be a better choice if you plan on taking it on the go for going to the beach, bbqing in the backyard, or to family gatherings, for example.
- Answer Yes, you can certainly bypass the charging cradle if you choose.
- Answer Yes, it can be used with 220V, I'm using it in Argentina.
- Answer You cannot connect a USB drive to this speaker. There is no internal software to play music files. You must have an external mp3 compatible device, like an smartphone, tablet, or computer. Also, this speaker will only work with a 3.5mm audio jack or Bluetooth.
- Answer This will connect to any Bluetooth enabled devices.
QuestionWhen the battery is dead will the charger still power the unit?When the battery runs dead, can the unit still work under charge or does the battery have to be charged before it begins working again? My concern is that once the lithium battery wears out (most only last 2 years) can I still use the unit while plugged in? Does the charger supply enough power to power the unit
- Answer It works while charging. You don't have to wait until the unit is charged a little bit to be able to turn it on.