Questions & Answers
QuestionCan I use this for in reach messaging all by itself? Or do you have to have a in reach device that this just allows you to text from?
- Answer The Garmin Overlander navigator would need to be paired with an inReach satellite communicator for two-way text messaging, interactive SOS and weather forecasts.
QuestionDoes this use Google maps for satellite views? And if it does. What's the cost? Per year? Per month?
- Answer It does not use Google Maps. The Garmin Explore app allows you to download additional maps — such as satellite imagery and USGS quad sheets on 64 GB of internal storage — and sync all your data between devices. Easily import and export GPX files to Garmin Explore — even if offline. For more information contact us at email@example.com or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/. Thanks Jenny
- Answer This model includes topographic maps for North and South America.
- Answer The battery in the Overlander® is built-in and is not replaceable.
QuestionCan I go in my dirt bike on the mountains or desert where is not course and record my own course and be available to follow and take me back to my camp?
- Answer Yes, this model includes the TracBack feature that allows the user to return along a traveled path or route without marking any waypoints.
- Answer Yes, it runs off GPS, not cell phone signal