Questions & Answers
- Answer First off, the Auxiliary Switch does not work on it's own - it's meant for using with a primary switch in 2, 3 or 4 switch setups (such as when you have a switch for a hall light on each end of the hallway). You need this: GE Z-Wave 960-Watt CFL-LED Indoor In-Wall On/Off Rocker Switch - which is more expensive than the Auxiliary switch, but required for a single switch setup or as the primary in a multi-switch setup. Second, the GE switches are Z-wave devices. The Hue does not control Z-wave devices. So the short answer is no. There are Z-wave controller devices that will pair with the Hue gateway that will allow a hybrid controller system, where the hybrid Z-wave controllers can talk to the Hue and control what Hue controls. http://www.vesternet.com/resources/using-z-wave-and-philips-hue-together - go here for more info.
QuestionI dont have a zwave hub. I presently use apps to control my lights. Such as Wemo & Lifx. Does this have a controlling app?
- Answer No. You need a hub and would pair the switch to the hub.
QuestionHave C by GE room starter pack, my understanding is that by adding this switch,it will be compatible/work because the plug in the starter pack is the Hub? Is this correct?
- Answer Hi Vinnie, thank you for your question. As long as you are using a Z-Wave certified hub, our switch will work. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to respond or give us a call between the hours of 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Central Standard Time, Monday thru Friday at 1-800-654-8483. Thank you.
QuestionSo to clarify all the other questions, IF I replace one (1) of the three (3) "basic" switches I have for my stairs with the main z-wave one why can't I leave the other two original ones in place instead of paying $20 for these?
- Answer Hi Psyclone, great question. Our primary switch requires a neutral wire in order to keep constant power coming to it. In a three (3) way application or any other multi switch setup, an add-on is required because a typical standard switch does not have neutral connected, it will cause interference with the main switch causing it not to function correctly. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to respond or give us a call between the hours of 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Central Standard Time, Monday thru Friday at 1-800-654-8483. Thank you.
QuestionI have the Alarm.com alarm panel & will add the GE Z-Wave In-Wall Light Switch (SKU:6068003) so that I can dim my living room lights via the app. If I purchase the Add-on Switch for kitchen, will the add-on have the capability to dim the kitchen lights?
- Answer Hi LGC, thank you for your question. No, the add-on is only used for a 3-way application that allows you to control one light from two separate locations. Model 6068003 is an ON/OFF only. You will 2 of the SKU: 6068018 primary dimmer switches, one for your Kitchen and one for your living room. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to respond or give us a call between the hours of 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Central Standard Time, Monday thru Friday at 1-800-654-8483. Thank you.
- Answer No, the add-on switch is designed to be used in conjunction with a smart switch when you have a two or three way switch configuration and cannot be used alone.
QuestionIs this compatible with Apple HomeKit? I am looking for a cheap light switch that works with HomeKit.
- Answer No, this product is not compatible to work with Apple Home Kit.
- Answer No, this model is not compatible with that application.
QuestionDoes this switch require a ground wire for installation? Does the power have to run to the switch or can it go to the light then to the switch? To be installed in a older home.
- Answer Yes, this model requires a ground wire and the power should go to the switch.
- Answer No this particular switch does not automatically turn on. There is a switch that does have a sensor which will turn on when you enter the room and turns offi when you leave. I have one in my guest bathroom and it works very well. GE makes one it is called a Smart Sensor Switch. Please be aware that this switch is a Z wave switch and it works as part of a smart home. It will work as any other switch but it can be used as part of a WiFi system
QuestionWould this work with Adt pulse
- Answer Hi Tom, thank you for your question. We apologize for the confusion; this switch is an add-on switch use for a 3-way application and does not have the Z-wave chip. However, our primary Z-wave switches will work with ADT pulse. Here is the link to the primary switch. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-z-wave-plus-wireless-smart-in-wall-light-switch-white/6068010.p?skuId=6068010. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to respond or give us call between the hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM Central Standard Time, Monday thru Friday at 1-800-654-8483. Thank you.
QuestionI have a 3 way switch and I am unable to turn off the light when I leave my house. I also have a control 4 system will this switch work with that system and I also need a remote control that is compariable with control 4. Which item would be good for me?
- Answer Hi Sarah, thank you for your question. We recommend that you contact your control 4 to see if they are compatible with Z-Wave lighting control devices. Our products are Z-wave Certified, they will work with any Z-wave enabled hub and controller that supports Z-wave. The Hub manufacturer will let you know more if they have specific compatibility requirements or limitations. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to respond or contact our Customer Support through phone or email. Thank you, Jasco Products Tech Support (Manufacturer).
QuestionDoes this work with Wink Hub 2. I have few switches replaced with Lutron Caseta, but looking for a cheaper option to replace remaining switches in my home. Please advise.
- Answer Yes will work with wink 2. I have wink 2 and work perfectly
QuestionI have a three way light that I turn on or off from two different switches. Would I have to replace both switches,if I use the GE model 12723 ?
- Answer 12723 is not a standalone switch. It is only for three and four way scenarios. You must use a standalone switch (there are many to choose from) at the main switch and every additional switch will be one of these. Instead of a paddle add-on there is also a toggle add-on switch if you don't like paddles. Please read the previous questions and answers as this has been described several times.
QuestionWhat app controls the switch?
- Answer App does not control this switch. You need a hub to control these switched. Plus this switch is only a addon switch. You'll use Zwave switch as primary smart switch and a Hug to control that switch. Then hub would them be controller by corresponding app. Samsung SmartThings is a hub that supports Zwave switches plus some other common protocols. SmartThings has app that could be downloaded for App stores. Plus, it also lets to connect with Amazon Alexa for voice control.
- Answer This switch is an add-on switch. See the other questions and answers for what this means. With that in mind, the question you then need to ask is does your Z-Wave controller integrate with your Chamberlain product. You'll have to go figure that out once you decide if you want to buy a Z-Wave controller and switches.
- Answer This works with both amazon echo and google home.