Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $522.99
The regular price is $549.99
- Answer No. Windows 10 requires 10-20 GB of disk space for installation. The capacity of this drive is 128 GB, so you should have approximately 80% free space left on the drive (allowing for formatting overhead, etc.).
QuestionMy son wants to know if the Intel UHD graphics 620 can run games smoothly. He wants to play games and make and edit videos, in addition to using for school work. He is in high school.
- Answer Depends on the game. Onboard graphics are OK for basic video performance and entry gaming. The big thing is that the graphics processing shares processing power and memory with the system. Fast-pased, high frame rate games will look and perform better on a system with discrete graphics. From the description "Intel® UHD Graphics 620 On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming." The keywords for you are: "everyday image quality" and "casual gaming." I would NOT recommend this for use as a gaming system. I have 20+ years experience as an IT professional.
QuestionIs this a good computer to install Quickbooks 12 and T-value amortization program on without slowing it down? Very limited bookkeeping programs and use for this and no games.
- Answer Yes, this computer is powerful enough to handle those programs without issue.
- Answer Yes, you can use Office 365 ProPlus on this laptop!!
QuestionCan we add a regular 2.5'' SATA SSD to this laptop? The HP Website shows that the original 128GB SSD is a m.2 SSD, which can't be replaced by a regular SATA SSD.
- Answer No. m.2 is a connection type similar to a memory stick (analogous, not the same).
- Answer We wouldn't describe SSD replacement as "easy", but it is doable. You will also need to migrate the OS to the new drive after installation.
Questionthis computer has a solid state hard drive, can it be removed and a regular hard drive installed.
- Answer Most people don't do that, but yes, you can replace the SSD with a 2.5" SATA HDD.
- Answer According to Intel, these are the specs for the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8250U mobile processor: # of Cores: 4 # of Threads: 8 Processor Base Frequency: 1.60 GHz Max Turbo Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Answer I purchased a pluggable and it's working fine.
- Answer We do not make specific docking stations for these laptops. You can use any universal hub or docking station that accepts up to 15" computers.
- Answer Yes, provided you intend to use it for research and Microsoft Office applications. After the operating system there is only 85 GB of storage space, plenty for several text docs, but if you start saving photos or other large files you’ll eat up the space in no time. Also, it is not suitable for video games if you are a gamer.
- Answer You have to replace current ssd-- there is only one slot. I don't know if you could replace CD drive with a 2nd ssd.
QuestionI am interested in this laptop. But I want to upgrade from the 128GB SSD to a 256GB SSD. Please recommend an actual SSD that can be used with this laptop. I am not interested in using an external SSD or HD. Thanks!
- Answer You would need an M.2 SSD. I recommend an NVMe drive.
QuestionJust bought this laptop and you guys said it connects to 5g but its not showing any 5g networks. Help please
- Answer We sincerely apologize for the misinformation. This model does not actually support 5G networks. We are working to resolve the error of our previous answer.
- Answer Roblox can definitely be played; Sims 4 may require some graphical adjustments--due to the lack of dedicated graphics, you will want to lower graphics settings to maintain smooth gameplay.
- Answer There is not currently an online manual available for this computer, but you may contact HP support to request one. You can reach them at https://support.hp.com/us-en