Questions & Answers
- Answer You can use the single-cartridge mode to operate the HP ENVY 5530 series with only one ink cartridge. The single-cartridge mode is initiated when an ink cartridge is removed from the ink cartridge carriage. During single-cartridge mode, the printer can copy documents, copy photos, and print jobs from the computer.
Questionhow do I insert envelopes in paper tray on HP Envy 5530How do I insert envelopes (3 5/8 x 6 1/2) in paper tray on HP Envy 5530?
- Answer remove all paper in tray. put in envelopes with the closing lid on left side and facing up. squeeze tab to envelope size. start printing. make sure your software has correct envelope size on page set-up
- Answer Yes you will have both ink cartridges inside the box.
QuestionDoes this printer work with windows 10 ?My 5530 will print but when it scans a notice comes up saying my computer can't find the scanner yet the computer has it .
- Answer Perfectly! HP has already updated their drivers to Windows 10 so you shouldn't have any problem.
QuestionDOes It WorkWIth Windows 8 Dell Laptops Windows 8 HP Laptops Windows 7 HP Laptops Windows XP Desktop?
- Answer Yes, I am currently using it on my Dell desktop with Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 on my Toshiba Laptop, my Amazon Kindle HD, and Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. No issue with any of my products.
QuestionDo you have to have a cd rom to install?My macbook pro does not have a cd rom. Do I need that in order to install the needed software for the printer or can I find it online?
- Answer You can download the software drivers for this HP Printer directly from the HP website. To ensure you download the correct drivers, you will need to know what operating system your PC is currently using. Please visit the following link, choose which operating system your PC is using, and the next page will display drivers for your HP product: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5304883&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
QuestionCAN I ALWAYS PRINT IN BLACK AND WHITE (AND NOT FILL THE COLOR CARTRIDGES?)So, just to CLARIFY. If color cartridges run out, I can print in black and white only. I never had to refill the color cartridges? WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A BLACK AND WHITE PRINTER!
- Answer Yes you can print just black and white without refilling the tricolor cartridge. But dont take out the empty color cartridge from its slot.
- Answer Yes I use it with Windows 7 which is networked with my laptop which has Windows 8.1 on it. I also have an HP app on my Galaxy S5 cell phone. I have printed coupons and other documents using all three devices with no problems.
QuestionDoes this work with an older computer with Windows XP?I'm currently researching printers as an Xmas gift for a family member that needs one. She has an old Dell Dimension E310 computer with Windows XP installed. Will this printer work? Also, do you absolutely need a Wifi connection to use this printer? Can you print via standard wire connection between computer and printer? Thanks
- Answer No problem with Windows XP. You can also run it directly connected to the computer.
- Answer This HP PC will print on 4x6 in, borderless, 5x7 in, 805x11 in. HP Advanced Photo Paper, 5x7 in HP Everyday Photo Paper, 4x6 in, 4x6 in, borderless, 5x7 in, 8.5x11 in. HP Advanced Photo Paper, 4x6 in, 8.5x11 in HP Premium Plus Photo Paper, and 5x7 in, 4x6 in HP Photo Card Packs.
- Answer To use the single-cartridge mode to operate the HP ENVY 5530 series with only one ink cartridge. The single-cartridge mode is initiated when an ink cartridge is removed from the ink cartridge carriage. During single-cartridge mode, the printer can copy documents, copy photos, and print jobs from the computer. To exit single-cartridge mode, Install two ink cartridges in the HP ENVY 5530 series to exit single-cartridge mode.
QuestionCan the HP ENVY print on 110 pound weight paper? If not what is the heaviest weight paper it can print ?
- Answer The heaviest media weight this HP Printer supports is the 24lb bond, which is equal to 50lb Index weight.
QuestionCan I reduce & enlarge with this?I need to reduce & enlarge items often; can this printer do this?
- Answer Yes,. Although I don't do this a lot, shortly after I got the printer I had to use this and had no problem. I was very satisfied with results.