Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $679.99
Questionwhy is our new insignia refrigerator making noises that sound like air is leaking? it doesn’t do it all the time and it’s a fairly faint sound.
- Answer Have the same issue, our Insigna new fridge is making many diffrent sounds like "animals screaming". CAN the manufacturer explain why???
QuestionOne of the reviewer's mentioned that the exterior sides of the fridge were warm, even hot. Is this normal?
- Answer I am experiencing very hot sides as well. I think because there is no fan moving the heat about the back near the coil. I am starting to notice the ice on bags turns to water very quickly too.
QuestionIs buzzing/rattling a normal running sound with this refrigerator? It’s not loud, but I can hear it from the next room when the house is quiet.
- Answer Mine is also making a groaning or rumbling noise when the motor is running. I've had the refrigerator nearly a month now and had hoped that the noises would "go away", but they haven't.
QuestionMy insignia fridge making a weird groan/whining noise. I bough about 6 months ago at Best Buy. Now that I'm home. I can hear. Happens for about 10 min after I open up the unit. Then throughout the day. Who I call call for a warranty repair? Thankyou Patt
- Answer Got mine 3 months ago, does the exact same thing. It is very annoying. Anyone find out what the issue is? Is it repairable?
QuestionDoes this model have auto reset? Meaning that if it’s plugged in and the power goes out do you have to unplug it and plug it back in or does it come back on automatically? I live in Florida and outages are common
- Answer Wes: The refrigerator will resume operation without any action on your part when the power comes back on. However, the refrigerator resets to the factory settings when the power resumes. So, if you had the refrigerator set at a colder (or warmer) setting than the factory setting, you will need to reset it to your chosen setting when the power comes back on.
- Answer Yes, this model is Energy Star certified.
QuestionIs this model on wheels or mounted on legs. If legs, do they have something on them to prevent floor scratches.
- Answer Mounted on legs with plastic adjustments covering the metal. Would not think it would scratch, but I have the unit in the garage.
Questionwhat is the weight of this unit so I can get help, an can I bring the old unit to turn in at your location?
- Answer The product specifications say the fridge is 167lbs.
QuestionI bought this fridge two days ago. Since day 1 exterior of refrigerator is hot. I read in the manual that's "normal" but why is the exterior still hot on the second day? My old fridge never has this problem....PLEASE HELP....
- Answer There is a condenser around the fridge on two sides, seems that this is a different cooling type compared with your old fridge. This is normal. David M. - Insignia Support
QuestionIs this unit Garage Ready?
- Answer Hi! You can locate the refrigerator in your home or garage away from direct sunlight because it may affect the acrylic coating and heat sources may increase electrical consumption. To ensure optimal performance, install in areas with an ambient temperature between 41°F (5°C) and 109°F (42.8°C). Viri E. Insignia Support. https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us
- Answer Why would you ever need to cover this? I can't imagine a scenario where this would be visible once the fridge is in its final position. I personally would prefer that it is exposed so that it can get great air flow (good for the motor longevity) and is easily replaceable if you ever needed to replace it.
QuestionThis is the most noisy refrigerator we have ever owned. From Day 1 it moaned and groaned. It often makes flatulence sounds. We can hear it in our family room 25 feet away. Is this normal? Why wont Insignia explain this?
- Answer yes it sounds like there is a cow in the fridge!!
QuestionWhy is my new Insignia refrigerator making weird noises from the freezer area? Not used to hearing this.. love it otherwise.
- Answer Mine does too! We've named him Arthur.