Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes. The fan does turn off when the desired humidity is reached.
QuestionCan I turn off the humidity feature? When I have wet carpet I want it to run and not turn off. I used my parents this past weekend and it's not humid in my basement so it would not suck up the water from the carpet.
- Answer You can turn on the continuous mode and it will run non-stop. Put a drain hose on and it will run until you have a power failure. Hope that helps.
- Answer The air filter is located on the back, it can be taken out by pushing it up with your hand. David M. - Insignia Support
QuestionDoes the continuous drain use a garden hose connections or is it some kind of smaller hose that could plug up easily?
- Answer It uses a regular garden hose. Don't use one of those expandable type of hoses. Not sure why but the expandable type didn't work for me.
- Answer No, not unless you set the unit about the window level. It is a gravity fed drain with no pump.
QuestionIs the motor loud on this unit when running? It will be in the basement during the summer, but there is a bedroom down there and I don't want anything that is loud and disruptive. Thank you.
- Answer There are 2 speeds. Lower speed is not too bad.
QuestionIf there's a disruption in power, will it restart once power is restored or do you have to manually turn it back on?
- Answer Mine has always turned itself back on.
- Answer Press comfort mode button to deactivate it, then set humidity level by yourself.
QuestionDoes the Turbo mode have to be turned off in order for the dehumidifier to shut automatically off once the desired humidity level has been reached? Mine seems to never shut off even after the level has been reached.
- Answer No, you don't have to. Turbo mode sets the fan to high for maximum moisture removal.
QuestionSince the product covers 3000 sq ft space.. Can you place one in the basement of 3 level home 2400 sq to draw moisture around the whole house? Or each floor would need its own?
- Answer Each floor will need one because the machine does not work central vacuum and it does not have suction force strong enough for all 3 floors.
- Answer The noise level is around 56dB.
- Answer Yes, this unit will auto turn on when the humidity hits a certain level. David M. - Insignia Support
QuestionDoes the machine give out warm air? As it is it is hot but I would not want it to warm up the room.
- Answer I've found the air is room temperature. So, whatever the room is, it comes out at about the same temp.
QuestionI do see the + and - for adjusting the humidity level but my buttons to not do anything. It is set in the Comfort mode and the dehumidifier has run for 24 hours and humidity level goes gone down to 50. It has not stopped running. How to start over .
- Answer I had this problem too. It's actually not a problem. You have to "unselect" comfort mode and then the + and - will work. Again, you can't have any buttons selected, just turn it on and then use the + and - button before hitting any other button. Took me a while to figure this out as I did the same you did it sounds like.